Where do I find mini drill chuck?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

At shows I have seen turners with a handheld mini drill chuck. This looks like a brass pen shaft, with a mini chuck on the end for small drill bits. The turners I have seen using one are usually making jewelry or Christmas ornaments.

Anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks for the help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I think the ones I have were called pin chucks and are common in the jewelry finding catalogs. Machinist also use some small chucks - high precision and high price.

Do a google search on Pin Vise and you will get all kinds of hits

I also use a small (3/8) drill chuck on a handle for drill bits. 3/8 by 24 threads on a bolt and LocTite is your friend (instead of machining a locking screw threads into the end of the bolt). I bet you can turn a handle to hold the bolt.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
you caan go to your local welding supply anad get an torch tip cleaner they sell them, little pin chuck with an assortment of tiny bits

ldb2000

Any good hobby shop will have several different kinds of "Pin Chucks" . I have a fixed handle one and a Yankee type spiral one , I also have a mini chuck that fits in a hex bit screwdriver handle . I got them all at a local hobby shop .

ctubbs

Any good hardware store should have them. McMaster Carr or Granger will have them. Try HF, possibly. The pen vice will come with the bits inside.
Charles

Top Bottom