Where do I buy opaque pigments?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gt64155

I recently bought some Alumilite and want to try and cast some blanks. I also have some Alumilite dye, but that's not what I want to use. I'm looking for a source for solid opaque pigments that will work with Alumilite. Can anyone that is casting help me out?

Thanks,

Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brandy

Alumilite has a white opaque dye that you can use to make your blanks opaque. I've only used it a few times but have had good luck. Put a few drops of the white opaque in your resin and then add your color. The more of the white you add the more opaque it will be. I have found that it did cause the color to be q little milky but otherwise it worked well.

MRDucks2

Alumilite also has pigments. Along with many others. As Brandy noted, adding a few drops of white liquid coloring to you mix will bring it opaque with hurting your color scheme.

Testors model paint is what I use. Sometimes with the metallic colors can be a little thin so I add a little solid color. Be sure to not get the water based ones they cause foaming.

I've used Castin' Craft dyes with Alumilite. Yeah, they're sold to go with Castin' Craft PR, but I've never had any issues. The local Michaels quit stocking them, but they're available on Prime & ebay. Here's a shaving brush I made using Alumilite w/ CC dyes.
0A2E533D-1F1B-44AC-B3AD-C2BEF98A98DF.jpeg

Top Bottom