Where did the psi no buttstock lever action kit go?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

I am at a craft show and just sold my 6th lever action pen. I have 1 at home yet, and I went on psi to buy more, and they only have the ones with that ugly metal buttstock now. Those are way more expensive (and look terrible). How long ago did they remove them? They are a huge staple of mine. This is a picture of my version of the kit. Its like the kit just dissappeared.

Attachments

• 20220530_112619.jpg
    20220530_112619.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 119
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

Maybe too many complaints about needing to make the buttstock. It really isnt an active part of the kit and some may not have the equipment to easily produce it. 🤷‍♂️

I bought a kit some time just to try it. Didnt really care for it but mine didnt come out as well as yours do!
Nice Work!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I don't know when PSI dropped the buttless version from their catalog, but Exotic Blanks still has them. Other PSI resellers might also.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yeah i saw exotic has just the black 1 which is a good one but the gold and pewter are really popular too.
The EB website shows that all 6 versions, including the buttless version are in stock. I haven't actually tried to order any though.

Joebobber

The EB website shows that all 6 versions, including the buttless version are in stock. I haven't actually tried to order any though.
Yes true you can still buy, even from psi, the more expensive version with the metal buttstock, Im referring to the kits without the metal buttstock. Where you make your own.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yes true you can still buy, even from psi, the more expensive version with the metal buttstock, Im referring to the kits without the metal buttstock. Where you make your own.
Like I said, EB shows that that version is in stock at $22.95 while the 5 versions with the stock are $29.95.

I haven't tried to order one, but their web site says that all 6 versions, including the one without the buttstock are in stock at this time.

You might want to call Ed to confirm.

Joebobber

I just checked again and all I see are the metal butt ones and a black build your own... weird...
I noticed Rockler had antique brass ones. When i looked yesterday those were the only ones i could find.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Try searching for DK-PKLEVBK

That's the EB part number for the one without the stock.

When I search for "Lever Action Rifle", all 6 versions come up.

Joebobber

I see what you're saying. The kits themselves come in 2 styles with 4 different plating options. The 2 styles are butt or no butt. There are all 4 plating options available for both types. Exotic does carry both styles, but only the black one is the one with no metal buttstock. The other 3 have the buttstock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022_101134.jpg
    Screenshot_20221022_101134.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 51

Joebobber

I guess the jist of my problem/ whatever it is, is that now I have to pay more $ to get the kits with the metal buttstock just to throw that part away. I don't even know if i can use the kits with the metal piece. On the ones without they give you a little 7mm tube that is threaded on the inside and that connects the wood buttstock to the body. I don't know if the metal buttstock kits even have that piece or not.

Joebobber

Oh thats great news, then maybe its just something wrong with the website. I think its PKLEVXX if Im not mistaken. I am going to call and try to order it that way after this show is over.

These 2 day shows are brutal. 8-8 yesterday and 9-5 today...

Joebobber

Yep I saw that Rockler had the antique brass. Before I posted I checked all the spots, big and small and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knew what was up.

Im just going to call PSI and try to order. If it shows up in the magazine youd think they have it and maybe it's just something goofy in their website.

jttheclockman

PSI has discontinued the lever action kit where you make the buttstock.

Does anyone know how the metal buttstock goes onto the back?
If you called them you should have asked them all your questions. They have tech people that they put you in touch with.

Joebobber

If you called them you should have asked them all your questions. They have tech people that they put you in touch with.
True, but then I wouldn't be able to make a post about it. I'd much rather hear from someone who has made 1. I did call them and they said those were discontinued. Plus I didn't have time when I started this post to call psi as I was at a show. During slow times i tried looking for the kits. For me I would rather post the question here and see if anyone knew anything. Not only for me but for others to see what was going on incase they wanted to make 1.

jttheclockman

True, but then I wouldn't be able to make a post about it. I'd much rather hear from someone who has made 1. I did call them and they said those were discontinued. Plus I didn't have time when I started this post to call psi as I was at a show. During slow times i tried looking for the kits. For me I would rather post the question here and see if anyone knew anything. Not only for me but for others to see what was going on incase they wanted to make 1.
Whatever. Just trying to help. I hate all gun pens anyway so have at it.

Top Bottom