Where can I find

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Solid Black Acrylic...
GOt an email from a customer who wants an acrylic Jr Gent, but it has to be solid black acrylic.. no pearlesence, glimmer or anything.. just a high gloss solid black acrylic...
Not even sure if he is going to buy yet.. but am interested if anyone has seen any...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Tom I bought some blanks of black acrylic from Bill Baumbeck, the ones he carries from Berea Hardwoods. I haven't turned any of it yet but it looks like basic shiny black ....no glimmer or pearl to it. The number is AA-25 if I'm not mistaken

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Bingo.. AA-25 is solid black...
Would you believe I went through that site 3 times looking for some... DUH!!!!!!
Gotta stop sniffing the finishing products... [:p][:p]

Thanks all... he definately did not want PVC.. I could have done that... HECK, I don't even know if he is going to order yet.. but better to be prepared than run around crazy at the last minute.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Depends on the type of pen, Tom. I have some from PSI, I would be happy to send you a stick or two (free). However, they are 7 mm predrilled and the stick is just over half inch diameter.

When quoting a price for your finished pen, Black shows every scratch in the world!!!!! You will give your car finish stuff a workout. (No doubt you will succeed, but it won't be quick!!!!)

Let me know if this will help.

Fangar

Griz,

You figured it out before I had a chance to post. Remember this one...

moebaron1.jpg

Fangar

Termite1964

Pen State has an aquapearl in black but it is limited in diameter. It turns a beautiful pen. I have also turned solid black corian but you would need to glue it up to make a large enough diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom