What's a nice pen kit for size of pen blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BurlGuy54321

I have 5 really nice koa pen blanks (3 are burls, 2 are curly) and I don't want to waste them are slimline pen kits or that junk. Although i can't find any nice pen kits that requires a pen blank of 3/4" by 3/4" by 5", which is the size of all the blanks. If you can help me that would be nice. Thanks. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
For nice blanks, I'll suggest some of the (MY OPINION ONLY) better quality Jr Series kits: Jr Aaron, Anthony, Abraham, George, Harold, Majestic, Morgan and the Gent II.

I am using a 4 yr old Cambridge, with a curly Koa blank, pretty nice for one of my first yrs pens; just wish it was postable.

My opinion only. Have FUN!

magpens

When I want to preserve and use the beauty of a whole blank I make a single barrel cigar pen ... 4 3/8" blank length and no center band. Center diameter of finished blank is 0.560", or could even be a bit larger.

There is an article in the IAP Library on how to make a single barrel cigar. I modify that method slightly.

The resulting pen has a "nib twist" action to extend the refill.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I like the Zen. Classic, simple hardware, allows the blank to do the talking.

CAREFUL when shopping for the zen. There is now a Chinese knock-off that is using the name "zen". From the pictures you can't tell it from the Dayacom version. When you get it in your hands, there is a very real difference in quality. Ask the vendor if the pen is made by Dayacom--their version still comes in ziplocks that say "Dayacom".

Just a word of advice!!
Ed

gtriever

I just ordered a matching Cambridge fountain and a Cambridge rollerball kit to pair with some nice Abalone blanks. Should make a nice retirement gift for someone...

Top Bottom