What wood(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mylowill

Hi,

Any suggestions what these wood blanks might be?

Many thanks in advance for suggestions.

Cheers,

Myles

IMG_3195.JPG
IMG_3196.JPG
IMG_3197.JPG
IMG_3198.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

I think there are a lot of possibilities, but the color variation from pale yellow to orange to red or reddish purple kind of reminds me of some Chakte Viga (Paela) that I sawed up last week. - Dave

IMG_1395 Cropped.jpg

I'm thinking Cherry and maybe some pink ivory. If you live in the central valley of California, picked up some local Cherry, it's for sure the pictures in the first and last photo's. Sand it down a bit and expose the grain, that would be a big help for my guess.

Mylowill

Thanks for the replies, I'm uk based, have turned them to cylinders and sanded the longer one. See pics...

These came to me in what was a lucky dip box along with some useful items and some junk lol have emailed to see if they have any idea but am not hopeful it was some time ago now.
IMG_3199.JPG
IMG_3200.JPG
Image1599157840.906922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

egnald

Do you have access to a black light? Pink Ivory is supposed to have a faint to medium streaked pink/red color under a black light. Did you notice any odor when you were turning it? According to the Wood Database Pink Ivory has a distinct and somewhat unpleasant odor when being worked. - Dave

Top Bottom