What type of pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ArmyDoc

Hello,
Very new to this - in fact this is my first post, so please bear with me as I am not familiar with the correct terminology yet.
I once had a pen where the entire back half of the pen served as the clicker mechanism. Instead of a button that extended out of the end, the end it self was the part you pushed down. It was larger than the barrel on the front end, and slid down on the outside of the front end. Can anyone tell me what type of mechanism this is, and if they make kits where I could turn a pen like this? Thank you in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Berea Hardwoods used to make a kit exactly like this. This kit had one problem: if made from wood, the wood would sometimes swell and the mechanism would stick and not work. I made several from acrylic and they have continued to work well. I may have a few kits left if you cannot find a commercial source.

bmachin

The style is called "cap action". If you want to build a kitless pen there is a suitable click mechanism at:

However you will need to do a fair amount of design work to get to where you need to be.

The Parker 75 ballpoint was cap action. If you can find someone who deals in spare parts, it's a much easier solution. Basically a screw-in.

Bill

ArmyDoc

The style is called "cap action". If you want to build a kitless pen there is a suitable click mechanism at:

However you will need to do a fair amount of design work to get to where you need to be.

The Parker 75 ballpoint was cap action. If you can find someone who deals in spare parts, it's a much easier solution. Basically a screw-in.

Bill
Thank you very much. The pen I had was brass, heavy, and I loved it. I let my boss borrow it... He mistook it for one with a cap, an ripped it apart right in front of me. Never found another like it, but I've always wanted one.

ArmyDoc

I found a couple of pens that looks like it :
s-l400.jpg
Parker-Duofold-Centennial-Black-Gold-Cap-Activated.jpg

But I can't seem to find any kits like this. Looked at berea, but didn't have any luck. Any other suggestions?

bmachin

qquake

I made this one years ago. Woodcraft used to sell the kits, but I haven't seen them in a long time.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom