What say Ye...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Remove it. There are cartridges and converters which may become engaged with the spring, causing ink to leak. Better safe than sorry. [8D]

Firefyter-emt

Lou beat me to the punch, it wont dump the load when you put the section back in the pen, and you hope that it's empty when you take it out, but if you ever checked your ink level with the pen half full, you could at that point dump the ink. That would be a bad thing.

DRP460

That's what I found. I have 1/2 dozen Jr Statesman fp and the converter seems to not fit snuggly. I only tried fitting one, was nervous the converter would fall off, so haven't made them.

Does anyone else find these to be a loose fit?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
If you look at commercially made fountain pens, I have yet to see one with a spring. Unlike a Rollerball where the writing apparatus is free to move in the pen body, a fountain pen has the writing apparatus screwed to the pen body. Thus in a Rollerball kit, the spring helps mitigate any tolerance stackup in the parts to keep the nib properly exposed, while there is no such stackup to be concerned with in a Fountain Pen.

With my commercial Fountain Pens, (Aurora, Lamy, Namiki, Parker, Sailor, Schaeffer and Waterman) I always have to apply considerable force to pull the converter off of the nib assembly. No amount of ratteling around in my suitcase, briefcase, backpack has ever made a converter come loose.

Top Bottom