What Saw to Buy???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have seen over time on this site there are those who maybe wanting to step into the world of scrollsawing and I think our distinquished member Jeff Powell has something to do with that with his great renditions of artwork introduced into pens. The use of a scrollsaw has many possibilities and using it for pen making is one such thing. Now I am not here to tell you what saw to buy but to give a heads up.

I see this question asked many times and the replys are basically the same all the time. Alot has to do with the type of work you want to do and how productive and professional you want to get. Someone tinkering around will get away with less of a saw than someone who is into production. Anyway I am not here to tell you what saw is for you but to give you a heads up on a great article in the issue#40 Fall2010 of Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts. Some of you may have already seen it but to those that have not and you are considering buying a saw for the first time or just stepping up this is a good article for you. One of the editors (Bob Duncan) there did a thouough job detailing the 23 saws mostly available to the buying public. He does a good job not only describing the details of the saws but gives a little insight as to the use. I think it is a worthwhile read. Have a great day.

Top Bottom