What pen is this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenbu

I made this pen a few years ago, but can't remember what it is or where I bought it. I looked on Penn State Ind site but couldn't find an obvious match. A friend wants me to make another one, so I need to find out what it is. Thanks for the help.

Ken
2F3CD801-D727-4EEB-BDD4-1870B1253711.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Ken it would have been easy if you would have posted it when you made it but I see you have not posted since 2014. Sorry have no idea.

Mortalis

I've actually made a few of those several years ago. It is a Penn State Ind pen. Along the lines of the Nautical.
heh, I actually have one on my desk right next to me as I type but I cannot for the life of me remember the kit name.
The pictures I posted are from 2014.
The Southwest and the Mayan pr the skull and bones are going to be the closest you will get unless you find some on EBay.
PenStateInd on their "Specials" page has quite a few of these older styles.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

jttheclockman

I've actually made a few of those several years ago. It is a Penn State Ind pen. Along the lines of the Nautical.
heh, I actually have one on my desk right next to me as I type but I cannot for the life of me remember the kit name.
The pictures I posted are from 2014.
The Southwest and the Mayan pr the skull and bones are going to be the closest you will get unless you find some on EBay.
PenStateInd on their "Specials" page has quite a few of these older styles.
Found your photo Mortalis. This is why I said it helps with things like this if you had posted a photo of when made and in your case it did.

Name of kit according to you is PSI Brass Gothica from Penn State Ind. Evidently no longer made. Maybe one of the PSI resellers may have them. You could check William Woodright I believe his name is.

Here is your thread.

https://www.penturners.org/threads/amboyna-gothica.125388/

egnald

I found an eBay listing for (more than 10 available) of the Gothica Antique Pewter kits located in London. The listing says that they will ship to the USA. The price was about $35 USD not including shipping. I am pretty sure that they use the same bushings as the Victorian kit, so perhaps the Victorian would be a potential albeit less ornate substitute. - Dave

Top Bottom