What Is This...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon Nutting

I just found this outside my front door and I can tell you for certain it wasn't there a few hours ago...anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• 20210321_171743.jpg
    20210321_171743.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 335
  • 20210321_171734.jpg
    20210321_171734.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgsearle

I have heard that in some areas it is a way for burglars to determine whether or not someone is home or away on holiday.

Jon Nutting

I have heard that in some areas it is a way for burglars to determine whether or not someone is home or away on holiday.
That's a little disconcerting, but guns are loaded just in case. Seemed extremely odd to me but I might be concerned about nothing.

leehljp

Member Liaison
That is Japanese. First pict coin side says either Rokki or Rotsuki - I think it is Rokki; second photo/side says a(e)-i-to or aito or 8? (long E in Japanese has an "A" sound) Could it be a Japanese Rocky 8 coin. Did "Rocky" have 8 episodes?

ON second thought their "L"s and "R"s are synonymous so it could be Lakki or Lucky 8. It is all written in KataKana which usually indicates non native Japanese words, therefore "Rocky" or "Lucky" 8 would be the point of the coin.

You are from Dallas; do you live near one of the Asian Food marts there? I have been to a couple of them.

Last edited:

Jon Nutting

That is Japanese. First pict coin side says either Rokki or Rotsuki - I think it is Rokki; second photo/side says a(e)-i-to or aito or 8? (long E in Japanese has an "A" sound) Could it be a Japanese Rocky 8 coin. Did "Rocky" have 8 episodes?

ON second thought their "L"s and "R"s are synonymous so it could be Lakki or Lucky 8. It is all written in KataKana which usually indicates non native Japanese words, therefore "Rocky" or "Lucky" 8 would be the point of the coin.

You are from Dallas; do you live near one of the Asian Food marts there? I have been to a couple of them.
Ya Google translate told me it meant Lucky 8. There is an Asian market roughly 15 or 20 min from me.

Top Bottom