What is this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hutch9022

This is blue dyed peppercorn. There is the brown line that goes through the blank that I can not get rid of. I've even tried dyeing the wood again but it will not change colors.
Image1590669224.140225.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Now is that a wood blank or is that peppercorn mixed in a resin?? Do you have any left that you could show us before finished?? Dead center seems a little hinky.

JohnU

From the Delrin bushings it looks like you were sanding a CA finish smooth? Looks like the glue burned from the sandpaper. If you have a ca finish on it, I would lightly turn it off and start the finish process over.

Hutch9022

It was a blue Stabilized peppercorn burl wood blank from a trusted suppler from this forum. The brown line showed up before any ca or any sanding. Don't get me wrong. I kind of like the line it gives it Character. I like some imperfections. Just wondering what it is.

JohnU

If it was prior to CA it's probably like others said... just a part of the wood That wouldn't take stain and is darker. It's character.

robutacion

It was a blue Stabilized peppercorn burl wood blank from a trusted suppler from this forum. The brown line showed up before any ca or any sanding. Don't get me wrong. I kind of like the line it gives it Character. I like some imperfections. Just wondering what it is.

There are no many people out there selling/offering Peppercorn tree burl to the world so I will assume the blanks was one from my stables, right...?

There is indeed part of the burl formation that you may see in some blanks, not all. The best way I can describe it to you is, think of an impermeable layer of bark that not even the fungi that create the spalting are able to penetrate, the reason is not taking colour.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom