What is this kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lindfie

I'm trying to find out what this pen kit is called. A friend asked me to fix the internals on it.
thanks for the help

Attachments

• 605432DF-5954-41A8-B86C-0CFAFDE0ACF0.jpeg
    605432DF-5954-41A8-B86C-0CFAFDE0ACF0.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

It is in the cigar family and there are many clones going by different names but they all should have the same components. Tranny are the same.

Dehn0045

Looks like the Big Ben Click (by penn state industries), I believe it was discontinued some time ago. You might be able to find them available for sale, but a quick search didn't reveal any obvious buying opportunities.

magpens

One of the original vendors of the Cigar style of pen kit is .... www.bereahardwoods.com ...

Another was .... www.pennstateind.com ... They call their Cigar the "Big Ben" ...

jttheclockman

Now before we go any further. Is this a click pen?? From the photo it is hard to see the top. I assumed it is the top of most cigar pens. I could be wrong if you say it is a click.

Micky D

I just looked at 1 I made a few months back and it is a cigar twist pen kit from CrookedMill as far as I can tell. I will try to get a picture of the one I made

Micky D

This is the one I made. My first try for a cigar pen.

Attachments

• 20210119_103712(0).jpg
    20210119_103712(0).jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 142

lindfie

Now before we go any further. Is this a click pen?? From the photo it is hard to see the top. I assumed it is the top of most cigar pens. I could be wrong if you say it is a click.
it is a click pen. it's having a lot of trouble activating so I'm trying to figure out if it's the pen cartridge or the mechanism..
thanks everyone for your help so far

jttheclockman

it is a click pen. it's having a lot of trouble activating so I'm trying to figure out if it's the pen cartridge or the mechanism..
thanks everyone for your help so far
Well see what happens when we have more info. That takes the cigar twists kits out of the equation and Sam could be correct. Now what is a suitable replacement I do not know but sure someone will come up with an idea. Thanks for the follow up

Just looked but looks like this kit is no longer available. But maybe someone has one that can trade with you.
https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/1/4941/artisan-Cigar-Click-Pen

I guess you will have to see what is wrong and see if you can replace the click mechanism or if it is the refill. Best we can do here.

Last edited:

Dehn0045

The instructions are still available on PSI for the Big Ben Click ( https://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKBIGCPXX_ins.pdf ). I have used other kits with similar mechanisms, but I'm not sure how many different versions are out there (dimensions, etc). The Le Roi click looks similar ( https://www.exoticblanks.com/?target=search&mode=search&substring=smitty's click&including=all ) . Maybe you can disassemble and take measurements - even if that specific kit is no longer available maybe you can find suitable replacement parts.

Top Bottom