What is it worth? Have to sell my Jet 16" mini lathe. Manual speed changer. Good condition but paint is chipped. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boatemp

Have to sell my Jet 16" mini lathe. Manual speed changer. Good condition but paint is chipped. What'
s it worth? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I can't give you a number, but they go for just over $600 new at this point and go on sale a couple times a year for 10% off. That model is solid as a rock and should hold it's value well. It will probably work just as well several years down the road as it did brand new. Only you know how many "miles" are on it and how it was used. In reality, what it's worth is whatever someone is willing to pay for it, though. Personally, if it's it really good shape, I would probably list it at $400 and see what response I get.

boatemp

I can't give you a number, but they go for just over $600 new at this point and go on sale a couple times a year for 10% off. That model is solid as a rock and should hold it's value well. It will probably work just as well several years down the road as it did brand new. Only you know how many "miles" are on it and how it was used. In reality, what it's worth is whatever someone is willing to pay for it, though. Personally, if it's it really good shape, I would probably list it at $400 and see what response I get.
Thanks!

jrista

I agree. If it is in good condition, it should sell pretty well. These are well built machines that have lifespans measured in decades. Now, honestly, might be the worst time to sell...but you shouldn't lose too much off of what you originally bought it for.

I sold a lathe I had for a bit over 6% less than I originally bought it for. It had kept it in darn good condition, but it had some chipped paint spots. I picked up some matching enamel paint, and touched those spots up, and it looked pretty close to new in the end. You might try to do the same thing. I gave the thing a good wash down and clean up as well, including waxing the ways and such with Johnson's paste wax for optimal performance.

boatemp

I agree. If it is in good condition, it should sell pretty well. These are well built machines that have lifespans measured in decades. Now, honestly, might be the worst time to sell...but you shouldn't lose too much off of what you originally bought it for.

I sold a lathe I had for a bit over 6% less than I originally bought it for. It had kept it in darn good condition, but it had some chipped paint spots. I picked up some matching enamel paint, and touched those spots up, and it looked pretty close to new in the end. You might try to do the same thing. I gave the thing a good wash down and clean up as well, including waxing the ways and such with Johnson's paste wax for optimal performance.
thanks

PreacherJon

What I will do when selling or buying. What is it brand new? Then I will cut that price in half. From that number, I may go up or down considering the condition of the piece. And I will go up or down on my eagerness to sell or buy it.

Top Bottom