What I do when not turning pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

This is one of several "once in a lifetime size yellowtail" caught last week. This one weighed in over 50 pounds. Our group, the Barking Spiders" has been on the Royal Star for the last 21 years and this trip was epic. The trip is documented on Royalstarsportfishing.com.

Back to work on the lathe today while cleaning fishing gear.

Attachments

• 676EED11-B770-449A-B889-03B3550D7320.jpeg
    676EED11-B770-449A-B889-03B3550D7320.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I was fortunate enough to donate a 49 pound fish like this to the galley. The chef perfectly cooked it and it fed the 23 passengers and 7 crew easily. Yummy, very yummy.

Woodchipper

They don't grow bigger in the smoker or on the grill. Carp is a special holiday dish in the eastern European countries and their relatives in the US. There are a few who eat carp but I don't eat anything out of the Tennessee River system. The TWRA has a full page of chemical warnings for eating fish from the river and tributaries. I always thought it was strange not to eat fish from Chattanooga Creek because of the chemicals dumped on there over the years. If I catch a fish from Lake Chickamauga, how do I know where that fish came from? I admire them and toss them back to grow bigger. Have heard of people in the US and Europe catching the same fish more than once. Great Britain anglers even have names for certain fish. They are photographed, weighed and released. Plus they share the event with others. Had sushi and was far from impressed- tasteless. I'm TN state chairman for this organization- www.carpanglersgroup.com.

Top Bottom