What does your shop look like?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

penbros

Well, I would show you but i cant post a picture. Its a 9' by 11' bedroom that used to be a storage room. Its half shop and half storage room but were moveing everything out. So, the shop is slowly taking over. Its really messy too. My lathe is 36" but takes up about 5 feet of the south 8 foot wall. On the 11 foot west wall I have two four foot workbenches centered between the north and south wall. I have a 16" scroll saw and a 9" drill press on the north bench. Ive got wood storage between the north wall and the north bench. I have a 4" disk /belt sander thats on the floor right now. Ive got all those little hand tools. and a small black and decker table saw in the middle of the room that will be replace by a slightly larger jet table saw and the black and decker will be the crosscut saw, the jet will be all other: tenoning ripping mitering etc. hope you get a good picture of my shop. please post a picture of your shop!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

epson

It sounds like you have a good setup. Since you have the shop in a bedroom of the house did you consider an overhead air cleaner? I have the jet, and it keeps the shop almost spotless. The overhead cleaner with the dust collector gets 99% of all dust in my shop. You can also mount the air cleaner on a table.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by penbros
<br />What does your shop look like?

Ever seen the WWII pictures of the London bombings? My shop looks worse.
I would show you pictures but I'm too ashamed [V]

Dario

Mine is shown everywhere this forum...you just have to find and piece them together LOL.

Joking aside, there were threads similar to this...just do a search.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
2006712215741_The%20old%20ShopE.jpg

GBusardo

My shop is a 20 by about 20 foot area in my basement. It gets soooooooo messy that when I decide to clean it up, it takes me all day I clean it and with in twenty minutes, its a mess. I don't understand it! [:0]

DFM

JimGo, do you have to go outside to change your mind? I thought My shop was small, but your's takes the cake.[^]

penbros

Originally posted by GBusardo
<br />It gets soooooooo messy that when I decide to clean it up, it takes me all day I clean it and with in twenty minutes, its a mess. I don't understand it! [:0]

Me too! I hate it![:(]

Firefyter-emt

Well, it's far from where I want it to be, but is has come a long way this last year (we just moved to Conn. 2 years ago)My shop is all mine, well I share it with my Jeep only.. It's 25x25 with an engine hoist and piped for air from an 80 gallon compressor in the cellar. I also have a nice little Hobart Mig welder in my shop [:D]
Here is my "working side" My cutting is done on the other side, just think in the lines of a table saw, band saw, chop saw all making a mess in one place! [:D] And yes, that is a Snap-On [:D]

It is normaly a LOT cleaner, but this is not cleaned for a photo and I have been nutty busy latley. [:(!]
713066.jpg

Here is my (for now) lathe turning area. I plan to be building a stand for my '39 Atlas/Craftsman 9x30 that will take the place of this one (I may keep this one for bowls only, not sure yet)
713065.jpg

Here is one reasom for disaray in my shop, I seem to have this non-moving Jeep in the center that makes work & clean up a little hard! BUT!! The new tranny is going in this weekend!
713064.jpg

Pipes

A mess kina like a woodcraft store blew up and toss in 3 roll away tool boxes and everthing else you can think of with dust saw dust sandpaper and glue all over the place and wa la you have my shop !!!![:I][;)][:D]

http://affordablepipes.com/

JimGo

How can you find ANYTHING in a shop that size? I lose stuff in my 3.5'x5' shop!

Oh, and yes, I have to step outside to change my mind! [:D]

assembler

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />How can you find ANYTHING in a shop that size? I lose stuff in my 3.5'x5' shop!

Oh, and yes, I have to step outside to change my mind! [:D]

Jim... I have a hard time finding a pencil I have place on my ear at times [:D]. I will look all over for it, and my shop is usually pretty clean [:I].

There are photos on my Web site.

cozee

It isn't all that pretty but it is mine and it has heat and AC. Right now things are a bit messy due to the beginning of some remodling on the rest of the house. There is plenty of floor space since I recently sold my slotcar track. A woodworking table is in the plans and the ping pong table gets set up when someone feels they can take me!! As you can see at the far end, I do a little airbrusihng from time to time also.

200672421325_The-Dungeon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom