What does a Princess do on a day off?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

With a day job and Exotics, its been sometime since I had a day for a little R & R, but just I couldn't resist taking one yesterday.

Being a bit of a Trekkie, and with the cast of the Next Generation (and DS9!) in Chicago, I just had to go check it out! :tongue::biggrin:

There were lots of planned group activities of course, but the best time for me was all the one-on-one time you could spend just chatting with the actors and writers. They were all very gracious and more than eager and willing to share their time and stories. So if you happen to be in the Rosemont area of Chicago today, check out the Westin Hotel.

So what DOES a Princess do on a day off? She gets to meet a Knight!:cool:

SirPatrickSteward.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

ROLF John! You made me go look! - I thought that must be due to my crummy picture taking ability (I took a pic of the pic to post it)...but that really is there!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
And I always thought you were a red head. Hope you had fun.

Ouch... I would not want to be you right now. Mixing up a princess and a queen! :eek:

Maybe she got promoted:)

Yesterday, she could have been a kid in a candy store, for the first time.
Her feet never touched the ground, just kept riding "cloud 9" all the way home and into the night. Amazing what visiting a few "fantasy figures" did to her attitude!!

76winger

Dawn,
Had I known, I could have taken the day off, donned my TNG apparel and join you!

I haven't been to a convention in many years, but they were always a blast.

healeydays

I met Patrick Stewart once as he was the back up speaker at an Oracle conference and I had dinner with him and about 10 others. Stewart was kind of dull. It sounded like he'd break out in Shakespeare any moment.

It was kind of disappointing as the speaker who cancelled at the last second was to be James Earl Jones and this was when Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was just getting released that next weekend and we heard it was the studio asked him not to do any publicity till after it was out.

PR_Princess

And I always thought you were a red head. Hope you had fun.

Ouch... I would not want to be you right now. Mixing up a princess and a queen! :eek:

Maybe she got promoted:)

ROLF Bruce...I don't think I'm ready to be a queen!:eek:

From now on she will sit in the back seat and say "Make it so, Ensign Ed."

LOL Haynie I like that!...Wanna give me odds on it working? :rolleyes::wink:

Dawn,
Had I known, I could have taken the day off, donned my TNG apparel and join you!

I haven't been to a convention in many years, but they were always a blast.

Oh that sound like you would have a blast there! Do you have any pictures? BTW Dave...please tell me it's not red in colour!!:eek: (J/k:biggrin:)
Start planning for 2014 :biggrin:...It's pretty early for the guest line up to be announced, but they did say that Jerri Ryan (7 of 9) has already signed up for 2014.

I met Patrick Stewart once as he was the back up speaker at an Oracle conference and I had dinner with him and about 10 others. Stewart was kind of dull. It sounded like he'd break out in Shakespeare any moment.

It was kind of disappointing as the speaker who cancelled at the last second was to be James Earl Jones and this was when Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was just getting released that next weekend and we heard it was the studio asked him not to do any publicity till after it was out.

Oracle hiring??:confused: LOL now I am a bit green with envy!!!:biggrin: I would be honoured to be at a dinner with either!!

Being British, I think that Patrick Stewart is generally more reserved. But, he seems to be very comfortable in his new skin these days, and seemed to be really enjoying himself over this last weekend. To be honest, it did kinda surprise me, but every time I saw him (off stage), he was laughing, smiling, or joking around with the other cast members and fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom