What do I need??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doohboy24

okay folks i seem to be ready to make the big jump to stabilize some wood. the only problem is i really dont know exactly what all i need to get started with. i have some wood to work with and thats about it. can someone please help me out here on exactly what i need. thank you for all the help!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

You'll get several diff answerers to this question. To get started stabilizing, you may only need a mason jar and a hand vacuum pump. It's not too diff when it comes to casting. You don't necessarily need pressure or vacuum to cast resin. You can pour it and let it dry, often times the air bubbles will work themselves out. Or you can go all out and get the PVPot and ultrasonic cleaner and vacuum pumps.
My advise would be to do a search of "casting", "pressure pots" and the such. There has been some good topics lately on casting and stabilization. I know this may not be the answerer you are looking for, but this subject has been discussed in depth lately.
Good luck.

diamundgem

Hi, I'm a lost sheep too. Ok, so I built the pressure pot , now what??
How about some body telling me and these new guys how to stabilize wood blanks. What chemical do you use? How long, Do you just pour it in the pot??
Yeah! I want to make some blanks too "HOW"

railrider1920

Steve,
Thanks for doing the leg work for those links. You saved me from typing resin, casting, resin casting and polyurethane into the search engine. Seriously, thanks for the links. Many of my questions were answered in them.

Maxwell_smart007, Thanks for the link to the DIY vaccume pump. That is pretty neat.

Top Bottom