What did ya get? Tool gloat.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Besides the usual things, my gifts were loaded with flash lights and tool extras for the cordless driver that my son got me.
The two that were surprizes to me were several carving books and one special turning book......:)......"Turning Modified Slimline Pens, Beyond the Basics" By Don Ward.
The other was something that didn't arrive for my birthday last Aug and I kindof had given up on it.
The LOML gave me the 750X Drill Doctor. No more excusses that the bit isn't sharp.:biggrin:

So What do you get for presents?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Not exactly a tool gloat, but for the last 5 hours my 24 yr old son has been (again; but no complaints from me) ruining my tools.

So I got to watch, converse, advise, etc... and re-bond with one of my sons!

Yes, a very awesome Christmas... Time with kids!

(This is a picture from last year. This year he wanted to try an offset stem tulip... OK :eek:! . He turned the tulip, and is now on a 2 hr run (Trains for trithlathons). Tomorrow will be fun turning the offset stem.

Oh... he does best if I watch, shut-up and say nothing, and don't snicker when things bounce off the wall. :cool:

But today was great! The workshop is a mess... NICE!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 316

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Another GREAT year, so we celebrated Christmas as we usually do:

I got toys!!!

attachment.php

Dawn got a few "nights out with the girls": THESE girls:

attachment.php

Soon she will be an accomplished "belly dancer". I have been assured I will never see a performance!!

But, I do hope she will have fun!!

Merry Christmas to all!

Attachments

• Christmas 2014 funny smaller.jpg
    Christmas 2014 funny smaller.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 709
  • Dancers small.jpg
    Dancers small.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 699

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
10" battery powered chain saw from my wife
combo battery powered drill & impact wrench from my daughter & SIL

Best part is that both are 18V Ryobi with identical chargers & batteries - the saw came with 1 battery & the drill/impact wrench came with two. And my wife & SIL never talked to each other about what they were getting, so it was total coincidence that they wound up with compatible equipment.

blade.white

1960 Diplomat View, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade.white
I got my identity stole, my bank account wiped out, and my wife wants a divorce. But still alive and kicking. I guess that means more time to work on pens.

( Not sure if you are serious about this, if so I am sorry, if not I think you have the beginnings to a great country song here. )

Fortunately, bank was able to recover stole money. Yahoo did a story that a hacker group released 13,000 credit card numbers and passwords. So, everyone keep an eye on your accounts.

Animyzo

Oh and a craftsman shop stool to sit my butt on instead of sitting on the end of a hard log in the garage

But that hard log builds character.

I got a set of 16 carbide forstner bits from my mother and her new husband. I also got a lovely book filled with project idea from a newly aquired aunt. As well as a wad of cash (to start my build a workshop fund).

Oh, and a large cross section of a large oak tree (gonna make table) and a 3 by 6ft (3/4inch thick) slab of red marble.

(I may have made out this christmas)

Now to start drawing up plans for that workshop... Soon it will be bye bye to my 6x6 workshop!

Cmiles1985

I spoiled my two boys with gifts. My wife and I did not exchange presents this year. I paid off two debts, and hopefully Christmas for my wife and I will be in February (new house and possibly new job). This was a great Christmas! Both boys were very happy, and that's what is important to me :) to add to it, I still had money in my accounts after Christmas!

endacoz

My wife and I drove out to new York ( not the city) to be with family. I gave my dad 10+ hours of lesions on the lathe. He made 2 tool handles for the 1/2 bar's I tapped for carbide cutters and 2 bowls. I made him one of the the handles in the picture and figured he would learn best by making his own! Great time bonding with my dad!

Attachments

• IMAG4493.jpg
    IMAG4493.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG4486.jpg
    IMAG4486.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG4483.jpg
    IMAG4483.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG4485.jpg
    IMAG4485.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 93

Fay Prozora

Very nice bowls and tool handles and the time spent with your Dad. Both sets of my parents are gone now and this year was our first without our mother. My Wolverine has been shipped so will be getting it next week... Fay

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very nice bowls and tool handles and the time spent with your Dad. Both sets of my parents are gone now and this year was our first without our mother. My Wolverine has been shipped so will be getting it next week... Fay

That first Christmas without your mom is the toughest one - you have my condolences. I still miss my parents every day and so wish they could have seen some of my pens, but I didn't start turning until a few years after they were gone.

Congrats on the Wolverine!

Fay Prozora

Thank you. My tree is still up and here it is after New Years Day.. so I will take it down later today. The Wolverine will be here on Tuesday and tomorrow I have the C jaws and a few turning tools coming. So far I'm happy but yes this first Christmas without Mom was a hard one but even tho it used to make me so mad that she would drive to the tree on her scooter and put ornaments on different branches,, it felt strange not to see her doing that. Every day she would do that claiming there was a bare spot that needed some thing. Well gotta go get bust and get that tree down and put away... Fay

Top Bottom