What A Morning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I have been fighting a stomach bug the last couple days, nothing to severe but it came with diarrhea. Aside from a minor queasy feeling, I felt fine. We went to get groceries and I started feeling a little warm. Next thing I knew I was laying in the middle of the produce dept with paramedics hovering over me. All my vital signs were perfect as was the EKG they gave me. Went to the hospital, to get checked out more throughly, and they determined I was just dehydrated. My wife was scared but stronger than she imagined herself to be. Many store workers helped her and kept from hitting my head. I have a lot of gratitude towards those workers. Everyone took very good care of me and I now relegated to the couch with strict instructions to stay there and take it easy the rest of the day. Feeling pretty good now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have been fighting a stomach bug the last couple days, nothing to severe but it came with diarrhea. Aside from a minor queasy feeling, I felt fine. We went to get groceries and I started feeling a little warm. Next thing I knew I was laying in the middle of the produce dept with paramedics hovering over me. All my vital signs were perfect as was the EKG they gave me. Went to the hospital, to get checked out more throughly, and they determined I was just dehydrated. My wife was scared but stronger than she imagined herself to be. Many store workers helped her and kept from hitting my head. I have a lot of gratitude towards those workers. Everyone took very good care of me and I now relegated to the couch with strict instructions to stay there and take it easy the rest of the day. Feeling pretty good now.
Good to hear it was not serious.

SteveJ

In the moment I would be more scared than my wife, afterwards she would be more scared than me! Did anyone tell you to drink lots of fluids? (Mountain Dew is a fluid, why can't I just drink a few cans of it?) Psalm 133 even mentions the dew from mount Hermon being a blessing...

KenB259

In the moment I would be more scared than my wife, afterwards she would be more scared than me! Did anyone tell you to drink lots of fluids? (Mountain Dew is a fluid, why can't I just drink a few cans of it?) Psalm 133 even mentions the dew from mount Hermon being a blessing...
Well I'm drinking Gatorade with extra electrolytes.

Woodchipper

Glad it wasn't serious but I speak from a similar experience. Decided to play 27 holes instead of the usual 18. Thought I was having a stroke but tests at the ER showed dehydrated. I drink Powerade plus water. The wife found Powerade powder to mix with bottled water. A NP said plain water doesn't give the needed electrolytes.

KenB259

Glad it wasn't serious but I speak from a similar experience. Decided to play 27 holes instead of the usual 18. Thought I was having a stroke but tests at the ER showed dehydrated. I drink Powerade plus water. The wife found Powerade powder to mix with bottled water. A NP said plain water doesn't give the needed electrolytes.
Yeah, that's why they told me drink Gaterade or anything with electrolytes.

Glad all is well, take care and follow instructions...

A couple of years ago I went to the Oshkosh Air Show with my son... we left his camper early, no breakfast, just coffee and walked over the air field where all the planes were.... about 3 hours into the tour, he stopped to buy a t-shirt and I sat on the curb to wait... he came back and I wasn't very coherent in my speech... someone grabbed a bottle of water and called the health people... they diagnosed me with being dehydrated too... since then I've stuck pretty much to water at every opportunity... don't like Mountain Dew, don't like Gatorade...

Top Bottom