What a great way to spend a Sunday morning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnTheWorldAround

Was able to turn some great John Underhill Fantastic Feather Blanks purchased from Exotic Blanks.

I just love these Feather Blanks.

The left-hand Pen is the Majestic Jr. Pen Kit using the Junior Gent II Feather Blank. The length/diameter of the brass tube is the same but when I turned I used the Majestic Jr. bushings which seem to be a little larger than the Junior Gent II bushings. My calipers just stopped working so I could not get a good exact reading but I am sure someone knows the exact dimensions.

The two center pens are the Sierra Pen Kits

The far-right Pen is a Junior Gent II Pen Kit with Chukkar feathers. This was an old pen blank that I had and did not get this from the recent batch that Exotic Blanks put up a couple of weeks ago. Love Love Love Feather Blanks!!!
Sunday Morning Feather Pen Making.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very nice work and you did them justice. Just a quick question though are you sure they are John's feather blanks? They look alot like Marla's from Classic Nib or Beaufort Ink. I do not remember John doing those type feathers. I could be wrong because John has branched out into alot of different media these days. Anyway they look great.

Very nice work and you did them justice. Just a quick question though are you sure they are John's feather blanks? They look alot like Marla's from Classic Nib or Beaufort Ink. I do not remember John doing those type feathers. I could be wrong because John has branched out into alot of different media these days. Anyway they look great.

Thanks John. I am pretty sure they are JohnU blanks I purchased them fro Exotic Blanks from his page there.

jttheclockman

No problem. I believe you. I just do not see anything like that on exotics and do not remember John doing one's like that. Again they look good. I too have some of his blanks that I really need to turn one of these days.

These blanks seem to sell very quickly on exotic blanks. I was able to get 10 of them between Sierra and Jr Gent sizes. I received a broadcast email from exotic blanks I believe on a Sunday afternoon. By the time I was able to get mine selected and through checkout half of what I selected was already gone and I had to adjust my cart on the website. Ed and Dawn are great to work with at Exotic and spent an hour talking to Ed one day. I love it when people support our industry as they do.
Thanks,
Andy

JohnU

Thank you for your purchase and posting of the blanks Andy! You did a great job on them all!

Yes, they are all of my blanks. I've made colored feather blanks as long as Ive made natural feather blanks but I don't make as many colored as I do natural blanks. Because of that they do sell quick. Marla and I have always had different styles in our blanks that we respected of each other.

Keep up the great work!!

Top Bottom