What a chore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I realized our table saw was making a beveled cut on the bottom and end of the material on the exit through the blade. Nothing drastic, but it bothered me.

I set out to correct it, and it was much more involved than I was expecting.
The bolts for the mechanism are difficult to get to, and require the raising/lowering of the blade repeatedly. After accessing the bolts, I found that all six were barely snug.

I adjusted the blade and loosened/tightened the bolts several times before getting it aligned. So after three hours, I am happy with how clean and square the saw cuts now. I was sure to get the bolts tight, so I hope this won't be necessary for quite some time.

While it was apart, I also installed a new solid surface blade, and it cuts effortlessly. It throws off nice clean shavings and the edge is as close to perfect as one could hope to get.

That's how I spent my early morning hours. We are ready for production again tomorrow.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

As with much shop equipment, a table saw needs to be properly aligned for it to give a quality cut. You will appreciate the time spent with nice cuts!

Woodchipper

Thanks for the thread. I realize that I need to check my own TS, Ryobi BT3000. Seems to do a good job but may be able to do better.

Terredax

Banned
I made several test cuts, and it is cutting perfect, judging by the use of a couple of machinist squares and scales. Everything measures square side-to-side at the front and back of the cut, and also diagonal.

I started making a couple of sleds to facilitate in cutting some of our parts.

My brother doesn't know about it yet. He'll find out in the morning when he has to cut some face panels. I'll let you know his reaction.

Terredax

Banned
My brother was very pleased at how the saw now performs. We ran 25 sheets of solid surface through it without any issues. The cuts were so accurate, that the edges are like a razor. We had to wear gloves after I received a nasty slice across my palm, and a chunk of skin scraped from my knuckle while off loading.
We butted to cut edges together and the seam is virtually invisible. This will greatly reduce fab times.
It was a morning well spent.

Top Bottom