West Penn Hardwoods Haul / experience

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmaxcy

Hi everyone

I was down in NC for vacation last week and took everyone's advice on making a trip to west penn hardwoods as it was only 30 minutes away.

the place is huge. I was told I would need a tour when I went in and thought that was a bit much but after going through the facility I completely get it. They also give you a map of the building it is so big.

I didn't have a lot of time to spend, so I looked around some lumber shorts etc, but spent all my time in the pre-milled burl section. I was delighted because EVERY burl type and size they had was on sale at 50% off, except for red mallee. I loaded up pretty well (at least to my standards), getting 40 pen blanks and 4 1.5 square by 6 inch blanks for $160. Every pen blank was $3 a piece and the 1.5in square blanks were $4.75. Incredible prices.

I did notice that all the burls they had pre milled we're Australian burls. They had much more variety of species in Burl caps. Nonetheless super happy with my new inventory.

Posting a pic below, with the breakdown from right to left, top to bottom.

yellow box
Red coolibah
Bimble box
Cochinchin
Red river gum
Brown mallee
Red mallee
Grey box

Attachments

• 55D0D081-0BFB-47E8-8096-12839C61D36B.jpeg
    55D0D081-0BFB-47E8-8096-12839C61D36B.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

SWMBO is very happy we live over 15 hours flying time away ! 🥲 in the UK.

On last USA holiday, if it hadn't been for the internet, I would have gone home blank less ! How terrible is that 🤔

JimB

I was there when they were located in Olean, NY before they moved to NC. The NY location was huge as well. The owner gave my wife and I a tour. The place was amazing and the people extremely nice.

Top Bottom