West Aussie Woody Pear Streamline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Finally got hold of some "Xylomelum angustifolium" Woody Pear Tree.

The dead branch I got hold of was pretty well bored out by grubs so there were very few blanks rescued. 6 in total.

The centre of this branch was a lovely soft pink and the outer wood is Grey/brown and very grainy. It turned very well and polished up without any problems.

The centre photo shows the contrast between Heartwood and Outer wood.

This pen was sanded to 2400 after 4 coats of Med CA, then buffed with Tripoli and White diamond.

Thanks for looking and C & C welcome.

Bob.:)

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

Nice Pen Bob, I like the grains, and well fitted and good shape too. Is this the same family as the Silky Pear from which Kalgoorlie gets its name?

Bob Wemm

Nice Pen Bob, I like the grains, and well fitted and good shape too. Is this the same family as the Silky Pear from which Kalgoorlie gets its name?

Hi Sean,
No Mate, there is no connection at all. The Woody Pear is actually a Protea Family, which explains why it looks like Grevillea or Banksia wood, and the Silky Pear comes from the "ASCLEPIADACEAE" Family. The only connection is they are both Dicotyledons.

Geez, that's a mouthful hey.

robutacion

Hi Sean,
No Mate, there is no connection at all. The Woody Pear is actually a Protea Family, which explains why it looks like Grevillea or Banksia wood, and the Silky Pear comes from the "ASCLEPIADACEAE" Family. The only connection is they are both Dicotyledons.

Geez, that's a mouthful hey.

Hey Bob,

Can you speak English, mate...???:wink::biggrin:

I wonder who invented all those mouth full names, just pronouncing the buggers is a hard job, trying to memorize all of them, would drive me nutts x 2...!

You are pretty good with them, tough...!:)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom