We're bringing US Made Pen Kits Back!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
We've got great news for those of you that are fans of the amazing pen kits sold at LaserLinez/Pengea pens.

Last week McKenzie Penworks and LaserLinez/Pengea Pens signed an agreement for McKenzie Penworks to purchase the designs and rights to the LaserLinez pen kits. (The wooden inlay kits are NOT part of this agreement and will continue to be sold at the LaserLinez website) Constant Laubscher will continue to manufacture the parts under contract for McKenzie Penworks and we'll take on the tasks of finishing, packaging, and selling these outstanding kits.

If you're not familiar with these pen kits, they are manufactured here in the USA in Georgia and made from solid 300 Series Stainless. The designs are stylish, well balanced, and proven sellers for pen turners that were lucky enough to be able to get their hands on them.

We know that availability has been a problem in the past and the goal is to ensure we always keep inventory in stock. There may be a few sell out situations as we get started but please rest assured that we're going to be scaling up quickly. We're still a few weeks away from launching the product but wanted to let you know you could sign up to be notified as soon as the kits are available at the McKenziePenworks.com website. (Should be a sign up at the bottom) There will be some promotions on launch day with discounts, free bushings, etc. that you'll want to know about.

A very sincere thank you for Constant for allowing us to continue to provide his designs to the pen turning world. It's great to be bringing US made pen kits back to the market in a big way!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@McKenzie Penworks

This is VERY good news !!! . . Thanks for this announcement !!! . . Congratulations and GOOD LUCK in this new venture !!!

I am sure that other IAPers will agree !!!

@McKenzie Penworks

This is VERY good news !!! . . Thanks for this announcement !!! . . Congratulations and GOOD LUCK in this new venture !!!

I am sure that other IAPers will agree !!!
Thanks Mal! Constant goes WAY back with IAP and his designs really were amazing. Once we get all 7 back on the market I've already got some ideas to put his big brain back to work and hopefully release some fun new stuff. I've been on a bit of a mission for the past year to try and get US manufactured kits back out in the market and I can't begin to say how happy I am that him and I worked out this deal. Not going to be easy... but totally worth it!

Congratulations! i know there are members that have wanted to buy these for some time now.
I joke about it but... I'm one of them. These and Beaufort Ink were the only kits I was turning when I was serious about pen sales. No plating to wear off, fantastic fit and finish, and US made. The older models with the steel on steel threads were maybe a bit problematic but now that they have that triple start delrin insert I love them.

wrjones224

This is great news! I never tried any laserline kits in the past but am looking forward to the release of these.

BZ = Well Done! Any chance we could see a few samples before the release date????? P.
I had to dip into my personal stash to even get the photos and have enough pieces to send to various places for packaging design. We brought back all the parts he had and I'm not sure there are the correct parts to put together a single pen with all the design changes over the years. :) If you're looking for photos, there are quite a few out and about if you search the pen names. Here's one someone shared with me yesterday. The capped pen is the Desire.

Attachments

• 228681638_10165387217125430_7780946842679588883_n.jpg
    228681638_10165387217125430_7780946842679588883_n.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 181

penicillin

I looked on the McKenzie Penworks website and didn't see anything there yet. For those of us who are unfamiliar with those pen kits, what kits will be available? I would like to search and see what the pens look like.

Pricing? Bushings?

magpens

I looked on the McKenzie Penworks website and didn't see anything there yet. For those of us who are unfamiliar with those pen kits, what kits will be available? I would like to search and see what the pens look like.

Pricing? Bushings?

Look on the ..... Lazerlinez.com ..... website. . You will see about a half dozen pen kits, all designated "Sold Out".

The kit names are: Coyote, Desire, Eagle, Falcon, Liberty and Raven.

Pricing? Bushings?
This is a coming soon type thing... :) We're still a few weeks out from having anything in hand and yes we'll have bushings for each kit as well. The capped pens use standard 10.5/12.5 Jr tubes but our bushings will be a bit different. Part of the initial launch will be deals that include free bushings so that we can get you nice and addicted and geared up! Apparently I forgot to attach photos to this thread (go figure) but there are some here: https://www.penturners.org/threads/reviving-the-laserlinez-pen-kits.171172

If my plans all work out (they rarely do right?) we'll launch a new look to the website AND the pen kits at roughly the same time

Top Bottom