We're BACK! - Check In

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Well, that was tougher then it had to be, but only because I frigged it up. If I hadn't made the mistake I did, it would have been so simple. Great job Jeff, and all other's who were involved in making the switch over to the new provider. Everyone involved in the switch, should be commended, for making it so easy to switch over to this new provider. It was almost effortless, all I had to do, was enter my name and password. Easy peasy!!!!!!! So a super big thanks, and two thumbs up for all involved.

Len

robutacion

Well, well...!

Was not that painful, was it...? (at least for most of us that didn't have to do anything...);)

I've just logged in so, I haven't had the chance to look around but I will very soon.

I have admitted often that I'm as "conservative" as they come, I have to keep reminding myself that not all chances are a bad thing, I suppose is just in my nature but from what I can see, the new system seems to be very user friendly so in no time we will all forget how the older system worked...!

Congrats Jeff, your efforts are paying off...!

Cheers
George

Jarod888

Looks nice. Couple of things.
1. Font size is fine, could be smaller, but definitely not bigger.
2. Any way to increase the number of posts per page from 20 to 40?
3. Any chance for a dark theme, perhaps black background with white font?

Ironwood

Looking good, though it will take a bit of time to become familiar with the new layout. Well done to all involved.

Is there a way to go to the last post read or the first new post, when looking at ongoing threads ?
There used to be the little arrow symbol on the left hand side that I could click on.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Looks nice. Couple of things.
1. Font size is fine, could be smaller, but definitely not bigger.
2. Any way to increase the number of posts per page from 20 to 40?
3. Any chance for a dark theme, perhaps black background with white font?

I increased the posts per page to 40.
This is a custom theme and there isn't currently a dark version. Let me see what I can do...

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good, though it will take a bit of time to become familiar with the new layout. Well done to all involved.

Is there a way to go to the last post read or the first new post, when looking at ongoing threads ?
There used to be the little arrow symbol on the left hand side that I could click on.
Click on the time of the last post.

darrin1200

Just checking in. The sight looks good so far. I haven't had time to poke to far into it, but I am looking forward to it.

Congratulations to @jeff and his team for a job well done with the smooth transition.

jttheclockman

I would still like to see the font size bumped up. Looks good when you type it but when you read threads they are still small

jttheclockman

Is there a way to stay logged on?? Every time I come here I have to hit the box stay logged on and then some forums I have to log on again. Am I missing something.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to stay logged on?? Every time I come here I have to hit the box stay logged on and then some forums I have to log on again. Am I missing something.

I have not experienced that problem. You could try deleting all cookies from penturners.org and see if that helps.

Anyone else having that problem?

rockb

Thank you so much Jeff for all your hard work. New format looks great, anxious to get more acquainted with it.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I would still like to see the font size bumped up. Looks good when you type it but when you read threads they are still small

Have you considered text zoom in your browser? If you're using Firefox, it lets you zoom just the text.

I hesitate to bump it up any more. There are probably an equal number of people who think it's too big and too small :cool:

jttheclockman

I have not experienced that problem. You could try deleting all cookies from penturners.org and see if that helps.

Anyone else having that problem?

I just tried it again to reply to you and it unlogged me. I see my sign-on name and my password but I have to click box to keep me logged on.

jttheclockman

Have you considered text zoom in your browser? If you're using Firefox, it lets you zoom just the text.

I hesitate to bump it up any more. There are probably an equal number of people who think it's too big and too small :cool:

I am at 150% now and when I go up any higher then everything gets blown up and things start falling off page. What I do not understand is when typing reply that is a good size font but when post it goes down in half about. If everyone is happy then I will learn to live with it. wanted to test something

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I presume when you're logging in that you tick the "Stay Logged On" box?

Perhaps intentionally log off, then log back on, remembering to check that box.

bmac

So far, the site looks great and many new features. A big thanks to Jeff and anyone else who had a hand in the upgrade process.
As with anything new, it takes a while to get use to it, but should get better and better as time goes. A thumbs up to the site.

Bobby
Louisiana

jttheclockman

I presume when you're logging in that you tick the "Stay Logged On" box?

Perhaps intentionally log off, then log back on, remembering to check that box.

I tried deleting cookies, I tried deleting my sign-on name and password and started from scratch. I have the front page as my link to find this site. I signed in and click the box which becomes bold (no check mark) I then click off ( not unlogging) then click back on to front page and I have to again click the square box to log in. With old site I never had to sign in again unless I signed out. Again if I am the only one having this problem I will deal with it. Thanks.

Curly

John could your log in problems stem from the old operating system (XP) you run not playing with the younger forum software? A long shot I know but threw it out there for the more knowledgeable to comment on.

jttheclockman

John could your log in problems stem from the old operating system (XP) you run not playing with the younger forum software? A long shot I know but threw it out there for the more knowledgeable to comment on.

I do not know Pete. If so as I said I will deal with it if I am the only one with the problem. If I can see everything I will only sign-in if I need to post.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Internet Explorer on Windows XP has issues connecting to secured sites. Here is a link with some possible solutions to the problem. I know you're not completely unable to connect, but I suspect that your issue might be related. I am betting that there is a time in the not-too-distant future when you will not be able to connect to a well-secured server with IE on XP. There are things here that you won't be able to see unless you're logged on, so hopefully some of those tips will help.

Top Bottom