Well, the section is called "Show off your pens"...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

I made a pen last week out of Desert Ironwood. I finished it Thursday night.

006.JPG 008.JPG
004.JPG 003.JPG 002.JPG

On a whim I brought it with me to last weekend's MPG. I could only go on Friday, but I decided to enter the pen in the pen maker's contest. Because I had previous commitments, I was not at MPG on Saturday when they announced the winners of the pen contests.

I was very pleasantly surprised (and happy) to receive this in the mail today:

MPG2024 Award.jpg

Thanks again to Mark Dreyer, Donna Dreyer, John Underhill, Ed Brown and all the other staff who made this such a great event!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

View attachment 372372 View attachment 372373
View attachment 372371 View attachment 372370 View attachment 372369

On a whim I brought it with me to last weekend's MPG. I could only go on Friday, but I decided to enter the pen in the pen maker's contest. Because I had previous commitments, I was not at MPG on Saturday when they announced the winners of the pen contests.

View attachment 372374

Thanks again to Mark Dreyer, Donna Dreyer, John Underhill, Ed Brown and all the other staff who made this such a great event!
Beautiful, all of it! That finish is perfection.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As one of the judges I can tell you we tried to find something wrong with this pen (and all the others). To become the best of the lot, each judge held it, inspected it--finish? fit? There just was NOT anything wrong---EXCELLENT work!! Congratulations, you deserve the win!!

KMCloonan

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am obviously over the moon after receiving this award. I had the doorways in my house widened to allow my big head to get through. [kidding]. I make pens because it (usually) relaxes me, especially after a tough day at work. To also win something is a huge plus, and to belong to this great forum with all of you is the best prize of all.

Kcimdrib

View attachment 372372 View attachment 372373
View attachment 372371 View attachment 372370 View attachment 372369

View attachment 372374

Great Pen great win.

Top Bottom