Well, now what?!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
Hey, look, I made a thing!

The original plan was to make a pedestal to use for those pillar candles, but I don't actually own any pillar candles, so I wasn't sure how big to make it. heh

I guess I need to go candle shopping now.

Look, I just wanted to make something, okay? Plans, schmans...who needs a plan? [:p]

Any suggestions for what I could use this thing for would be welcome. The top is about 2 3/4" in diameter.

...I guess I could cut notches in it and make an ashtray...gah

CandlestickBoxElder1_1.jpg

CandlestickBoxElder1_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Put a cork layer in it and use it as an elevated coaster for your beer can?

hollow it out and use it as a cup holder or fill it w/ m&m's?

Hold it sideways and give your wife a massage?

Give it to someone for Christmas and let them figure it out.

A votive candle is about 1.75" (including the glass jar), I think.

Turn an indent to accomodate the votive, buy one in a red, blue or green glass thing and Voila'!!!

YOU"RE A GENIUS!!!!!![:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

Then delete this thread, no point in leaving evidence.:D:D:D:D

Actually, a red one will look good with the wood - buy the candle first, tho' then make the indent.

Then delete the thread!!!

[Fireman hat on] Just a reminder, those candle stands are major fire dangers. So if you are going to use it with a pillar candle, please never let it out of your sight. [Fireman hat off]

Wow, that's a lot of good ideas. Maybe I should buy a duplicator and make a bunch more! :D

I really like the Christmas present idea the best. I know just the target, er...recipient.

Wonder if I can find a snow globe with a detachable base.

Karl,
Hobby Lobby has some little 2" diameter glasses with candles in them... you can hollow the piece and drop the candle glass into it and you have a knockout of a candle.. Go to Wally-World and/or maybe Hobbylobby and get one of those little oil lamps they sell to go into the pumpkins at Halloween, then going to Goodwill store or maybe Wally-world and pick up a lamp globe to sit over that... you have an oil lamp.

I have one in my album that I made that way...

That is beautiful piece of wood... looks like flame boxelder??

Back
Top Bottom