Well It’s All Over..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Working that is. I joined the ranks of the retired. Today was my last day of work. I've been working every day for 48 years. Emotional day for sure. My retirement luncheon was wonderful and the company bought me an extremely nice Jet spindle sander.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eldee

Working that is. I joined the ranks of the retired. Today was my last day of work. I've been working every day for 48 years. Emotional day for sure. My retirement luncheon was wonderful and the company bought me an extremely nice Jet spindle sander.
Congratulations Ken! Hopefully, I won't be too far behind.

KMCloonan

Congrats Ken! I hope you are able to decompress, and begin enjoying your new free time. No doubt, before long, you will find many rewarding ways to fill that time.

d_bondi

Congrats Ken! Enjoy it you have most certainly earned it.
I also retired recently. One of the things I have learned since retiring in August is that you can actually go to the grocery store on a Tuesday! 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

Hippie3180

Congratulations! 48 years is a BIG accomplishment. Enjoy your retirement.

WarEagle90

Congrats, Ken. It won't be long before you'll be asking yourself how you got everything done before you retired. I tried retirement for a little while and decided I needed to go back to work so I could have some free time ;)

JohnU

Congrats Ken! When I retired I thought I would have all of this free time to do bucket list things. Turns out I find myself thinking… how did I ever get everything done when I was working? Your days will go bay faster because you're enjoying yourself, doing what you want, when you want. Enjoy It!!!

I look forward to seeing posts of some of your new creations.

greenacres2

Congratulations Ken!! I did it in March this year (but went back for about 6 weeks in Oct-Nov). Took a while to get in a groove, but i'm there. Thankfully, i still wake up around 3:30 am, but some days i wake up at 3:30 pm too!!

jrista

Well, congrats, Ken! I'm a good ways behind you, but man, I dream of retirement all the time. :p I feel like I've worked every day of my life since I was 14, when I started mowing lawns around my neighborhoods. I don't think I've stopped working since then...and that's 30 strait years.

I truly hope you enjoy your "time off" and get some REAL work done now! ;P At least you can enjoy a boss-free life and do all the things you enjoy doing, on whatever time schedule suits you. I hope its a wonderful retirement!

egnald

Congratulations Ken. It's been exactly 3 years since mine. I think I was lucky. C19 really made huge changes where I worked. I'm glad my my 34 years of memories didn't include the last three years of changes. I do miss many of my colleagues and the frequent opportunities for travel, but that's all. I really love not dealing with deadlines. Have fun in your retirement.

Regards,
Dave

jttheclockman

Well Ken welcome to the retirees club. Glad to see that you made it and now take some time to reflect and get set for your next stage of life. More shop time is in order and hope to see lots new creations.

bsshog40

Congrats Ken! My bodily joints forced me to retire a little over a year ago but I keep myself busy. At least now when the wife has fays off, I don't have to check my schedule if she wants us to go somewhere. Lol

gimpy

Congratulations Ken,

The day I retired I went fishing with my neighbor
And my watch started going off, I took it off a flinged my watch in the air, and fell to the bottom of the lake, was the last time I wore one

TDahl

Congratulations Ken. Welcome to the ranks. Now you get to do what you want, when you want, how you want. Don't be surprised when you find yourself busier during the week. Enjoy. You deserve it!

Woodchipper

Congrats. I retired in 2009 and never regretted it. Actually started looking toward retirement when I started work at age 16. Now you will be busy, you will wonder when you found time to work. The gift was a nice gesture and will get a good workout. Now we need to see some of your projects using it.

KenB259

Come Monday morning culture shock is probably going to come crashing down on me. I read an article where they claimed that 40 % of the people they polled, feared retirement more than death. The fear of the unknown is common for sure. I found this poem and have been reading it often in the preceding weeks. Somehow it gave me strength and relaxed me. I even messaged the poet and they messaged me back with a very nice and encouraging message. I'll be just fine😬

Attachments

• It's Time To Go.jpeg
    It's Time To Go.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom