Welcome!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
If you are reading this then that means you have the proper access and are here. Thanks for coming!! I am taking Roll Call so please make a short post so I know you got in alright.

Here is where we stand as of the date of this post.

Andrew will acquire prizes. He will start right after Christmas. I can't thank him enough for the phenomenal job he always does. He is probably the most important person in here so treat him nicely!

Mike Redburn will allocate the various prizes to the individual contests.

Ed will distribute the prizes.

Contests and activities for which we have confirmed chair people for are:

Russ Fairfield Memorial Slimline Pen Contest - Ben Soleberg (bensoelberg)
Beginner Beautiful Pen Contest - Landon Smith (Hunter-27)
Best Library Article - Wayne Racinowski (wracinowski)
Casting Contests - Jonathon Brooks (Brooks803)
Creative Mug Shots - Andrew Kott (Andrew_K99)
Crossword Puzzles - Landon Smith (Hunter-27)
Daily Trivia - Christopher Pukalo (Displaced Canadian), Mannie Steglich (Monty) Chuck Hutchings (dalecamino)
Featured Pen Contest - Mike Broberg (mbroberg)
Freestyle Pen Contest - Landon Smith (Hunter-27)
Intermediate Beautiful Pen Contest - Landon Smith (Hunter-27)
IAP Donors Drawing - Jeff Brown (Jeff)
Match The Shop Contest - Jon Piper (GoodTurns)
Modified Pen Contest - Eric Beuker (Buzzzz4)

I'm still waiting on one or more two replies about heading up activities.

I've sent Scott a PM stating that we would not be having the Ugly Pen contest this year; maybe next year with stricter rules.

I will have a BASH Schedule or Calender of Events prepared and posted by Mid January. I would very much appreciate it if each activity / chairperson would have t rules and procedures for their contest to me for review by Mid-January or sooner. Members have let it be known that they would relly like to know what is going to happen before it actually starts. With some of these activities I see no reason why we shouldn't get the rules posted well in advance.

Andrew, Mike and Ed, Do any of you need me to find you any help or will you recruit your own minions?

I have a bunch of feedback from previous BASHs that we should review as we finalize our plans for this one. I had it all summarized, typed out and ready to cut and paste but over the summer my computer crashed, twice, and I lost it. I will be reconstructing what I can and will post it here as soon as I can.

A NOTE ON PRIZES: This year one of our vendors has offered to provide approximately 25 custom thermometers with the IAP logo on it. Retail value of about $25.00 each. He wants to handle the distribution of these prizes himself. Since that is less for Andrew, Mike and Ed to do, more power to him! I am trying to recruit someone to run a Wood Identification Contest. It would run every day and the daily prize would be one of these thermometers.

Thanks again for your willingness to get involved. The BASH is always a lot of fun and YOU are the reasons why! As always, don't hesitate to PM or call 614-774-7676 if you want to discuss anything.

Thank you!
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Checking in! Had alot of fun last year and look to do it again. I'd love to hear the feedback you were given Mike. I definitely have some things I want to run by everyone for their opinion once I get a rough draft of rules put together.

Oh..and you can add me to the donors list this year too. I'll put up a small flat rate box of blanks (roughly 20 total). That'd retail between $100 - $200. I'd be fine sending it out myself once the winner is announced and I'm given their info. No need to add to Ed's pile.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I'm here and already announced to Andrew my donation, so he had to start a bit early.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I do not see the photo contest this year. Is that by design or by oversight? I can go either way so if you intentionally did not want it, that is fine. If you do want it, I will be happy to run it again.

mbroberg

Sent you a PM on it earlier today, so I thought. I just checked my "Sent" file and it ain't in there so it must not have gone. I'll rewrite and send tomorrow.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Checking in, present and accounted for. I will contact Doliver and see if he wants to help me again and I will go from there. If I need help finding an assistant I will let you know.

mbroberg

Wood Identification

Bob Wemm (screen name = Bob Wemm) has volunteered to do the Wood Identification contest. I'm happy to have one of our International members on board.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To Mike Redburn: I REALLY look forward to working with you again this year.

Hopefully, Andrew will "load us up beyond belief!!!" again in 2013!!

GoodTurns

short enough?

Attachments

• short post.jpg
    short post.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 62

mbroberg

I do not see the photo contest this year. Is that by design or by oversight? I can go either way so if you intentionally did not want it, that is fine. If you do want it, I will be happy to run it again.

Curtis,

Check your PMs.

Top Bottom