Welcome to the Northern/Central California Forum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JayDevin

Wonderfull!!

OK All of you in the Central Valley/Nor Cal, we are established!!!!

whooo Hooo!!

Keep your eyes peeled for info on the next Gathering!

Jay

AKA Head Cheerleader!

tbroye

Jay

Just checking in from Sacramento, I know the are a few more here but can't remember who. The Bay Area has some also. Don't forget Nolan over in Oakdale.

Tom

Nolan

AKA Head Cheerleader!

smiley_cheerleader.gif

Heh your not gonna wear that outfit again are you???:eek::confused::biggrin:

JayDevin

OK Gang
I GOT us a clubhouse.
Mike and Carol Cunningham, the owners of the Dublin Woodcraft, have Granted us use of the Classroom and Library for gatherings as long as there is not a class going on. This Means that we will also Have use of the Classrooms LATHES!!... SO I will continue to see what other deals I can work out. The Store is open untill 9pm on Thursdays, that might be one thing to look at. It is also very close to the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. Woo Hoo!!!!

tbroye

Not a bad drive over from Sacramento about an hour and 15 min if I remember right, been awhile. May have to talk to the local Woodcraft and see what I can set up so we can have one here. I took my first pen turning class there from Bob Hosea(sp)

rb765

I'm in too...even tho I'm a newbie... Learned a lot from all of you...now I learned there is a pen addict in Clovis too...too cool..

nava1uni

I'm in. The Pleasanton gathering was real !!! nice. Hope to see others again soon. I will mention it at the Woodcraft I go to in San Carlos. Maybe some people from there might join also.
I want to see the Sponge Bob picture and the Cheerleading outfit.

markgum

Whooo hoooo... Thursday's in Dublin. Sounds GREAT to me... and I fully support the Idea that we get to use Jay's "employee discount" while there.. ha ha ha...

avbill

For all you newbies, Jay just a big pussy- cat. Rub his tummy and you can hear him purr!! Sounds great to have the meeting at Woodcraft. Where is it? So lets have a :party:

tbroye

Daniel

You would have a little over a 3 hour drive depending on traffic. Once a meeting is planned you could stop here and ride down with me.

Daniel

I will have to play it by ear. I would love to meet everyone in person but have to consider a three hour drive home after all the fun. with a 5a.m. start time at work that hurts a little. I'm sure I can make it sooner or later but don't count me as a regular. I do like any excuse to drive over to the valley though.

rb765

5am????? thats about bed time for me... Sure I miss some of the stuff normal people do, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do when it comes to child care. I wish I could make it, but it's about a 3 hour drive from here with no traffic. Save me a cup of coffee.

RMB

Count me in, I'm up for another! Saturdays would work a bit better for me, but my work schedule is flexible, and it's only an hour away for me. Might lose us a few "out of towners" though. Is varying the meeting place an option? Say, one in SF, one in Dublin, one in Morgan Hill? I might be able to host one.

Dave_M

Three hours for me as well, but I'm sure I'll make a trip up there now and then. I've been up once and it was certainly worth the trip. Nice to see techniques demonstrated firsthand instead of learning from the Internet.

JayDevin

At this stage everything is an Option, I will have to check the sked at Woodcraft to see what days are Free!....there will be many Gatherings and Im sure that having meets in Multi locales will be fine with all. same goes for days....Those who know me Know that my work sked is interesting to say the least, I work every day of the week and im off every day of the week,it just depends on the week! My Goal is to make it so we can all have some time to meet and trade knowledge etc!

bananajeep

I'm up here in Sacramento too! Right now a trip to Dublin is a bit far for me. I think there might be enough people in/near Sac to put a meeting together here too. I'm not volunteering (yet) to organize anything. I do know Bob Hosea out at the Sac Woodcraft. A great guy and very talented wood turner. I'm part of the NorCal Woodturners that meet in Sac once amonth. I was on the Board with Bob for a year and a half. I stepped down from my position, because my wife and I have a little one that now takes up our hobby time. It will be great to meet up with some more pen turners from the Nor-Cal and Central-Cal areas.

Mike

titan2

Would love to go, but it's not a good day this time. Was at our last Bubbaville get together.......had a great time. Looking forward to meeting again!

Barney

tcmoog

I live in Red Bluff, about 2 hrs north of Sacramento. I would like to try and make the next get together. Dublin might be a bit of a stretch. I'm really looking forward to meeting other penturners.

volksrods

Not sure if anyone looks at this still, I live in Sacramento along with another buddy who turns pens here also. Who else lives here?

Dave_M

Turners specifically located in Sacramento that check in here... I'm not sure. Not that I know of off the top of my head. There's a good group of us scattered from Clovis to the Bay Area and everywhere in between. We try to get together and have a little show and tell along with demos of new things we've learned in the shop. Very knowledgable. Very friendly. Very skilled group of wood turners. These guys have taught me a lot and inspired me to try new things. Hope you can join us someday.

nava1uni

This chapter has been active since it was begun in 2008. We get together about every 3 months and most often meet in the Livermore, sometime Hayward area. We just had a meeting in February and will go it again around May. Keep an eye on the Northern California link, you can set your preferences so that whenever a post is made to the Chapter you will receive a notice in your mailbox. Welcome to our chapter and hope to see you at the next meeting.
Cindy

Top Bottom