Wedding gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Angela S

Angela S

I have two friends getting married in December. I decided to make a pen ad a wedding gift. Here is the result. The colors don't show as well in pictures. Which is usually the case, but still unfortunate.

0B6A5CE3-DFBC-47D1-B386-1915D7AFD41B.jpeg
7C7E0A2E-BFFF-4FB9-99AB-75C506F7184E.jpeg
F5C1D80E-5C19-462B-ADF5-DD1626D35619.jpeg
37D0C036-E575-4FCF-96EC-8681205416C2.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well done. What is the blank called and where did you get it?? Did you have to back paint the blank and if so what color, I assume white. Thanks.

Angela S

Well done. What is the blank called and where did you get it?? Did you have to back paint the blank and if so what color, I assume white. Thanks.

Thanks. This is an opal pearl blank from NV woodwerks. It is one of Zac's short runs. Though I think he has some in stock. I did back paint the blank. It is actually painted black. Zac suggested this because the interference powders and color shifts pop the best on dark back grounds. Because of this the pen ended up a little darker than I was expecting, but the color is great.

jttheclockman

Thanks. This is an opal pearl blank from NV woodwerks. It is one of Zac's short runs. Though I think he has some in stock. I did back paint the blank. It is actually painted black. Zac suggested this because the interference powders and color shifts pop the best on dark back grounds. Because of this the pen ended up a little darker than I was expecting, but the color is great.
Thanks I would not have guessed black. From photo it does show off the pearl shifts. Great job.

leehljp

Member Liaison
If the colors are MORE vivid in real view vs on screen, they must be magnificent! The colors are Great on my screen! Since you mentioned back painting in black, I can see it now.

Well Done!

leehljp

Member Liaison

hannah

Oh man, thank you for posting this! Such a pretty pen, and I've been hoping to find a blank just like this for a friend's wedding. Ordered!

Angela S

Oh man, thank you for posting this! Such a pretty pen, and I've been hoping to find a blank just like this for a friend's wedding. Ordered!

I am glad you got one. Zac suggested painting the tube something dark. So I painted it black. Enjoy the wedding.

hannah

I am glad you got one. Zac suggested painting the tube something dark. So I painted it black. Enjoy the wedding.
If you were to make another one would you paint black again? It looks completely gorgeous in the pictures but you said it was darker than you expected. If that's the case I might use a more mid-tone blue or something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Angela S

If you were to make another one would you paint black again? It looks completely gorgeous in the pictures but you said it was darker than you expected. If that's the case I might use a more mid-tone blue or something.

I would paint it black the colors are stunning.

Top Bottom