Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not sell from a website

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

C_Ludwigsen

But if these first 5 I am making for a guy works out, then he will be asking for 10 per month. So technically only the first month's sale was from my website, but hey, a sale is a sale.

woodpens

It is good to get those recurring sales. Ten per month is a good rate too. I am still working on my first website sale of the year. There's no rush for it as they are just replenishing a distributor, but it just seems that I have something else I have to do every day. I know, what am I doing here typing on my computer... [;)]

tipusnr

I would think your poll would be more valid with a selection of "I don't sell pens from a website." That way you would know if members just aren't voting or don't have a website.

Coincidently - that would be my vote!

PenWorks

I have a web site up and running for some time now. But I do not actively look for sales from it. I think last year, it got me about 10 direct sales from out of state. But it does bring folks into my store and I like that.

Anthony

PenWorks

I wonder that too Ken, If you take the time to view it, why not take the time to vote, not only on this, but all the other topics, that get viewed with no votes.

Makes you wonder how we elect Presidents in this country. Anthony

Scott

Hi Guys!

Some of us are just interested in what our friends are saying! But I don't have a website, so I really wouldn't have a valid vote!

Scott.

Daniel

There, I voted
I hadn't viewed it either. alot of this group is starting to get past me lately. not able to spend as much time and it is not slowing down around here. as for views. ow many times have you come back to see how it is progressing? every time you do you are counted again. maybe the same 13 people keep coming back to look again... O.K. so that is a stretch.
i wish i could always have my finger on what makes the members tick.
If you figure it out. make me the first person on your list to e-mail will you.

jrc

January I had 3 orders that totaled over 100 pens. Febuary so far 2 orders for 45 pens. With a website there are a few things that helps people find you easier, good text on the front page. Good keywords, discription and title in the HTML code. Submit you site to search engines yourself. If your webhost has a Visitor Statistics you can see what keywords there using to find you and thru what links there finding your site, you taylor your keywords, discription and title after a few months. I get about 2500 visits to my website a month.

Gary

Jim, are the 2500 hits a month total visits to the site or hits on the pens link?

Originally posted by jrc
<br />January I had 3 orders that totaled over 100 pens. Febuary so far 2 orders for 45 pens. With a website there are a few things that helps people find you easier, good text on the front page. Good keywords, discription and title in the HTML code. Submit you site to search engines yourself. If your webhost has a Visitor Statistics you can see what keywords there using to find you and thru what links there finding your site, you taylor your keywords, discription and title after a few months. I get about 2500 visits to my website a month.

Kyle

Hey Jim-

You're getting way too many sales over your website. Better send some my way.

Maybe I'll modify my website to keywords like "Vermont" "hardwood" "pens". [:D]

Keep it up!

Kyle

jrc

Pens with a story, local woods and nonprofit organizations always have a big budget for give aways. Give away alot of samples. Setup and make pens where ever you can. Foresters tents at fairs are very good. Send a press release to whoever you can. Get on local news.

Gary

Good sound sales techniques!
Originally posted by jrc
<br />Pens with a story, local woods and nonprofit organizations always have a big budget for give aways. Give away alot of samples. Setup and make pens where ever you can. Foresters tents at fairs are very good. Send a press release to whoever you can. Get on local news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom