We the People laser design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

I've been enjoying a new diode laser and watched a live stream the other day which included free files for this design.

The eagle has a 10 inch wingspan. There are four layers and the thinnest parts are 1/16 inch thick. This was my first layered project and although I didn't get the glue up perfect, I am pretty happy with it.

We the People.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

That looks good Steve! My sister does a lot of the laser stuff along with her cricut stuff. I'm waiting on an 18" eagle she lasered for me to hang over our door. She's been doing a lot with the colored layers also. Nice work!

jttheclockman

Oh come on Steve break out the scrollsaw. :)That is cheating. ;) Looks good though. Boy had to deal with laser people all my craft show days. Been accused so many times of using a laser.

SteveJ

Oh come on Steve break out the scrollsaw. :)That is cheating. ;) Looks good though. Boy had to deal with laser people all my craft show days. Been accused so many times of using a laser.

JT, I have the utmost respect and admiration for those who are able to create using the scrollsaw. I have tried and failed in doing anything that involves inside cutting. I was able to create some intarsia using a combination of the scrollsaw and bandsaw, but the scrollsaw has been my nemesis. I just keep breaking blades, wandering off the cut lines and getting discouraged.

I'm also somewhat impatient and I imagine this image would take a massive amount of time (and also would need to be larger) to do on a scrollsaw.

Not only is it cheating to use a laser to create this, in some ways I think it is cheating to simply use someone else's design! Still, I like the results and my FIL will love it!

Kenny Durrant

Great job Steve. I too have been playing with a laser. I bought it to engrave pens but it opened up a new rabbit hole in my hobbies. I'm not sure I'd call it cheating but more on the line of lazy. I've used a scroll saw for some pen stands so I'm aware of the time and skill it takes to use a scroll saw to make such projects. I might have to look into this one!!!

Top Bottom