lyonsacc

Your winners for the 2016 Get It Done Contest are:

1st Place: Brian G
10 1.jpg

2nd Place: Twinsen
1 1.jpg

3rd Place: Mike8850
7 1.jpg

The entries for this year's contest far exceeded what I was expecting. These are some quickly and nicely made pens!!

We also have a $25 gift certificate from Craft Supplies to be awarded to a randomly selected non-winner. The random # generator picked #2 - which would be the second non-winning entry I received. And that belongs to pen #3 - which is:

Bob Wemm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

I have to say I was really, really impressed with the entries. Hopefully I will be able to host next year's contest again - I have some good ideas (that vary quite a bit from this year's contest).

Also, I'm not going to say who. But one of the entrants submitted a pen that did not come within the guidelines of the rules. So through the use of lots of CA and 5-minute epoxy, he was able to submit another pen that was made in just 2 or 3 days. And it might be one of the winning pens posted above. I'll let him tell the story if he wants to.

Skewer

Congrats to the winners. I'm curious to see who made some of the others, there were a lot of nice pens.

jttheclockman

I too would hope somewhere there is a list of the contestants and the photo of their entrys. Helps to match the pens to the names and enjoy their talents.

I also hope that Brian G can explain his wonderful work a little to us and give some helpful tips for making something like this.

I would like to congratulate all winners and entrants for a job well done.

Mike8850

Also, I'm not going to say who. But one of the entrants submitted a pen that did not come within the guidelines of the rules. So through the use of lots of CA and 5-minute epoxy, he was able to submit another pen that was made in just 2 or 3 days. And it might be one of the winning pens posted above. I'll let him tell the story if he wants to.
Guilty as charged :redface: . Next time I'll read all the rules. Like I told Dave, that's why God invented CA, accelerator and 5 minute epoxy :wink:.
It's also nice being retired .
Thanks to all who voted for my pen and Dave for running things.
Mike

lyonsacc

Get It Done Participants

Hopefully I will get the right name and pic.

Pen#1 - Twinsen1 1.jpg

Pen#2 - SMJ19572 1.jpg

Pen#3 - Bob Wemm3 1.jpg

Pen#4 - Souths1der4 1.png

Pen#5 - magpens5 1.jpg

Brian G

Holy Smokes! What great news to find today. There were so many deserving entries. Thanks to all that sent a vote my way and for all of the comments.

Thank you, Dave for chairing the contest. I liked the added challenge of having to use an alternate material.

Thank you to the prize donors, too. Your generosity is much appreciated.

John T. I sent a PM. :)

twinsen

Thanks for the votes all. I was really surprised I placed. There were so many good entries I had kind of written it off :)
And though I lost my Title of "Get it Done King" I continue to really like this contest format cause you never know what is going to be the requirement and its tough to feel like you've "graduated" from it.

Top Bottom