We have lift off.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

Well i am finally up and runnig and have by first pour in the pot.
Not to sure if it will work out, it seemed to take an age to start gelling, maybe its to cold here for it to work properly[?]
20071017163831_Picture%20020.jpg

Still trying to plough my way through all the info on how to best tackle casting & stabilizing, i might have it mastered by next summer[:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
Good luck, cross your fingers. Everything effects the PR, from weather to color to size of the molds. It's a learning thing. I write down everything for every pour that I make and the results for future reference. This seems to work out for me.

Ligget

I`ve got everything crossed up here Andy, hope it works for you as it will open up a new world. [:p]:D

Then I can order cast blanks with Ligget Pen works on the lable inside!;)

UKpenmaker

Well the first cast is out, all i can say is at least it set hard,:)
It's got more holes in it than a swiss cheese though[:eek:)]
But not all is lost i have got it in again to fill all the holes[:p]
So how it turns out (if at all) is anybodies guess.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Andy, I don't get it. You say it has loads of bubbles? So I'm assuming a 'cast' resin blank as appossed to a 'stabilized' wooden blank?
But the gauge you used ( not the one I gave you[}:)])is only for vacuuming. Did you just vac the resin and let it set, or did you pressurize after vacuuming?
The idea is to first get as much air out as possible, via vacuuming, then to crush the remaining bubbles with pressure.
Let us know what you did please.

UKpenmaker

Steven, youo are right it was a cast blank.
I did try to do both vacuum & pressure. I think what happened i was caught out be the speed of it setting when it started to gel so the pressure didin't make much effect on the resin[?], i probobly should have put it in the pot sooner, but i wanted to add something as it started to gel.
I am sure i will get it mastered soon, it wouldn't be any fun if it went right the first time.[:p]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just tell everyone that you wanted the 'champagne' effect deliberately[8D]

PS. Just got a call from home.:D A big box with 'Lancs' on the back has arrived. Can't wait to get home again;)Thanks

Top Bottom