We had a GREAT time!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zonies had wonderful AZ weather for our get-together today! We turned 17 FFP pens, had a great lunch and most of all had a great time gabbing about everything from a-z! Kevin (dubdrvrkev) was a wonderful host and was joined by Robert (Hastur), Tom (airrat), Mike (vick) Tony (Penworks) and Tony's friend Ed, and of course, myself!
Thought you might like to see some of us in action!

20061153151_ed%20finishing%20a%20corian.jpg

Ed finishing a corian

20061153236_Kevin%20&%20Tom%20discuss%20corian.jpg

Kevin and Tom discuss glueing corian

20061153319_kevin%20does%20ca%20finish%20demo.jpg

Kevin does a CA finishing demo

20061153411_mike%20makes%20the%20chips%20fly.jpg

Mike makes the chips fly!

20061153453_mike%20n%20ed%20watch%20tony%20work.jpg

Mike and Ed watch Tony work

20061153539_mike,%20ron%20n%20tony%20watch%20ed.jpg

Mike, Ron and Tony watch Ed work

20061153630_nearly%20lunch%20time.jpg

Tom says it's nearly lunch time

20061153722_robert%20works%20on%20a%20commission.jpg

Robert works on a commission!

20061153819_the%20guys.jpg

Twas the guys gabfest- L-R Ron, Tom, Ed, Mike,Tony and Kevin

200611531019_Robt%20turns%20a%20beauty.jpg

Robert turns a beauty!

200611531116_tom%20is%20perplexed.jpg

What is Tom thinking??

20061153121_tony%20demos%20rope%20twist.jpg

Tony demos the spiral machine

200611531257_kevin%20does%20corian.jpg

Kevin does a corian

200611531346_tony,ed,mike%20n%20tom.jpg

Tony, Ed, Mike and Tom

200611531429_tony%20shows%20tom%20his%20pens.jpg

Tony shows Tom his pens

Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did guys!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Just got back from vacation, Oh no [:0] , I mean the AZ turn-a-thon [:D]
Bev, had just as good a time as you. Nice to meet some of the faces we jaw with daily.
If we would have worked as much as we gabbed, who knows how many pens would have been made [:D] I know I did more watching & BS than turning [:p]
We didn't even mess up Kevin's shop that bad. I hope he finds a better place to hang his bike next time I make it there [:D]
Definately had a good time and thanks for getting it together.

airrat

Thanks for posting the pictures Bev. I took some but just got home and have to go to bed. Getting up in 6 hrs and have to work till midnight tomorrow.

We had a great time. Those FFP pens look great. Enjoyed watching the "Legacy" in action. What was I thinking? That was when I actually looked at that cocobolo blank and was like WOW it didnt look like that 30 sec ago. [:D]

Glad to see everyone there. Looking forward to another one down the road and getting MORE of the Zonies to come.

I still have that bag of chips from my shop to deposite in Kevin's. [:eek:)]

BTW will post pictures on Monday of the pens. Sorry didnt have enough sunlight when I got home and wont be able to do it tomorrow.

dubdrvrkev

Yes, it was a great time! Its great to put a face to a name and just hang out. After the shop gets real messy again my wife will probably suggest I do this again, just so I'll clean up again. I have to agree we didn't make nearly enough mess. But is has to come from a lathe not a bag Tom. [;)]
Just for all you tall guys I'll move the bike next time. Maybe October will be an ornament turning party. Or whenever everybody want to GTG again is just fine with me.

I hope all you northerners notice Anthony is wearin shorts and not a jacket in sight [8D] You can rub it in come July though.

Mikey

That spiral making machine looks cool. I'd like to learn more abot that. (is there a saw blade mounted outboard?)

anyway, lucky that you guys got to get together and have nice weather. I think I heard on the news yesterday that there hasn't been rain there for 3 months? If you need water, come on up. I got to drive to the WW show yesterday at 35mph through snow on the highway.[xx(]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Glad to hear you all had a good time... if I give you enough notice maybe you all can make Grizfest 06.. LOL...

I just have one question... what is that think on Anthony's chin... I know it ain't a beard, or maybe it just want to be... [:p][:p][:p]

PenWorks

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br /> I just have one question... what is that think on Anthony's chin... I know it ain't a beard, or maybe it just want to be... [:p][:p][:p]

That is called spite Tom, [:D] I grew my beard after Thanksgiving and there wasn't a day that went by, that the wife & daughter ask me to shave it off. Well I finally did last week, but left that on to **** them off.

Bev, I wish I would have brought some of your cake home for breafast this morning, that was one great cake !

Mickey here is a link to a little write up I did when I got the Legacy mill
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9010&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=legacy
You can also go to Legacy woodworking, this is the smallest one they make
http://legacywoodworking.com/

M

Mudder

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by Old Griz
<br /> I just have one question... what is that think on Anthony's chin... I know it ain't a beard, or maybe it just want to be... [:p][:p][:p]

That is called spite Tom, [:D] I grew my beard after Thanksgiving and there wasn't a day that went by, that the wife & daughter ask me to shave it off. Well I finally did last week, but left that on to **** them off.

No, No, No.......

Tell them your "hep" (50's term) or "hip" (60's term) and you want to have a "soul patch"

I keep a lil patch under the lower lip because it's the omly spot besides the "stash" that hasen't gone all gray.

fuzzydog

You all wouldn't happen to accept "want to be Arizonianz" for you next get together would you? The shorts are something we seldom us. Here in southeast Alaska we average 278 day a year of cloud cover.

vick

I had a blast everyone. Thanks Kevin for use of the garage and also to everyone else for all the stuff they brought, including them selves. It was nice to see some other peoples techniques for turning, sharpening finishin, ect.

melogic

Glad to see all of you having fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us Bev. Who knows, maybe we can get together a "Buckeye" turn-a-bration or something like this.[:D][:p][;)][:)]

Thanks all, that bike you see hanging was Tony's downfall, he hit his head on it every time he got near it! Mikey out where I live it has been over 4 months since rain. Ron, yup, I'm behind the camera! Easy, we'll look for you next time. Fuzzy, you just come down and we'll have a party whenever that happens! Griz, that Grizfest sounds great but I'mm just going to have to pass on that one [:(]. Thanks again guys for a great time![8D][:X]

alamocdc

Glad you all had a great time! And I'm jealous that I couldn't be there. Maybe some other time. Having met a number of fellow turners from here in person, I agree that this sort of thing is very worthwhile. Nothing like new friends.

Mark, that sounds like a good idea. I'm sorry we missed you at the show in Columbus yesterday.

Hastur

Great pictures Bev. Next time I will bring my camera to take some pictures. I will also have to bring my daughter Cassie. She was upset she didn't get to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom