Way too much wood, I've got to clean out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eskimo

Thanks everyone. I am cleaned up. **** THIS THREAD IS CLOSED ****

My shop has turned into a wood storage warehouse and I need to clear out some of wood I've been holding onto for far too long.

In the picture below, I grabbed some random pieces of the wood I have most of, turned it and hit it with some friction polish to give you an idea of the finished product. They are, from left to right,

1. Teak - approx 40 blanks
2. Briar Burl - This wood will have some inclusions that will need to be filled. Approx 20 blanks SOLD
3. Royal Paulownia - Royal Paulownia originated in Japan and China. Paulownia has a light blond appearance and resembles White Ash. The feel is also very silky. Paulownia has been widely used in the orient for fine furniture, musical instruments, carvings and decorative finishes for over 1000 years. Japanese use of Paulownia can be traced back to A.D. 200. A tradition was developed that when a family had a daughter they would plant a Paulownia tree. When she married the tree would be cut down and made into her wedding chest. Paulownia trees are believed to bring Good Fortune to the household and all who enter. Ancient Lore has it, that when the legendary Phoenix flew across the Orient, it would only land on Paulownia Trees… bringing prosperity and wisdom to those who were near. * Approx 50 blanks
4. Sycamore - approx 20 blanks
5. Apple - Approx 20 blanks - Sold
6. Black Cherry - Approx 40 blanks - Sold
7. White Oak burl ** - Approx 25 blanks - SOLD
8. Osage Orange * - approx 100 blanks

* This wood came from trees on the grounds of Bulloch Hall in Roswell, GA that were planted by Major Bulloch in the late 1840's and early 1850's. The trees were damaged in a storm in 2008 and had to be removed.

** The White Oak burl came from a 275 year old tree that stood behind Barrington Hall in Roswell, GA that finally succumbed to old age and was felled in 2009. The lumber from this tree was used to construct an outbuilding on the property and I was fortunate to acquire the burl.

I also have:
Curly Maple - 30+
Birdseye Maple - 10
Macassar Ebony - 10 - SOLD
Cocobolo - 12
Figured Walnut - 5
Zebrawood - 15 - SOLD
Cherry - 40+
Kwila - 25
Kwila - Cross cut - 15
Bubinga - 10 - SOLD
Bubinga - Cross cut - 10 - SOLD
Olive - 20 - SOLD

All these are 3/4" to 1" square and at least 5" long.

I need to clear these out to reclaim some space and I am willing to let them go for $1 ea., plus shipping I also have a bunch of shorts (3 - 5") that I will fill the box with, mostly Black Cherry, Apple and Sycamore.

I have a lot of other woods, although not in these quantities, that I am willing to part with, so let me know if there is something specific you are looking for and I just may have it.

Please PM me if you are interested in any of these blanks.

Thanks, Bob

Attachments

• Wood.jpg
    Wood.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tdjumr

5 - White Oak burl
3 - Briar Burl
3 - Royal Paulownia
3 - Sycamore
3 - Kwila
3 - Kwila - Cross Cut

Also sent you an PM on some other wood.

Dan Hintz

Bob, you have a PM...

EDIT (so others know what's claimed): I'm interested in 15 each of the following:
Teak
Royal Paulownia
Sycamore
Kwila
Kwila x-cut

Last edited:

SmokyB47

Bob, I am a relatively new pen turner who lives in Norcross. I wonder if it would possible to meet to see what woods you have that I might be interested in? I met Dr. Strangefart at a IAP meeting about 6 months ago and purchased some blanks from him. Lee Butler ( SmokyB47) butler4204@bellsouth.net

Top Bottom