Watch Parts Jr George | Blankwerks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KateHarrow

KateHarrow

Are y'all sick of me yet? 😂

Okay I know I've been posting a lot but my craft show season is starting soon so I've been working through some new inventory between custom orders.

If you haven't checked out Blankwerks you absolutely have to. Jason has some of the best abalone, watch parts, washi, carbon fiber, etc blanks on the market and they shine up like an absolute dream. This one I love the colors on (I think I've mentioned I'm partial to blues) and in person it's even more stunning

4B34BE0C-1B8E-49D8-A6FC-4C5FA7A7360D.jpeg
40AA7DDA-4B2F-454F-AC05-450F50755D84.jpeg
14D75273-24CE-4211-ABE9-54DDA79443A6.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Wowza! That is an amazing pen!! You say the blank came from Blankwerks? Those guys are wizards!! I really love the substrate for the blank...that kind of slightly rippled, shimmering fabric look is amazing. Your choice of pen is excellent! The gold accents go so well with the watch parts!

I also want to compliment you on your blank to part seams. They are exceptional. I struggle with that still...getting perfectly round, concentric blanks when turned, and that perfect fit between the blank and the parts.

Never stop sharing, Kate! Your work is always a treat to see!

KateHarrow

Wowza! That is an amazing pen!! You say the blank came from Blankwerks? Those guys are wizards!! I really love the substrate for the blank...that kind of slightly rippled, shimmering fabric look is amazing. Your choice of pen is excellent! The gold accents go so well with the watch parts!

I also want to compliment you on your blank to part seams. They are exceptional. I struggle with that still...getting perfectly round, concentric blanks when turned, and that perfect fit between the blank and the parts.

Never stop sharing, Kate! Your work is always a treat to see!
Thank you so much, your comment brought a huge smile to my face. Jason @Bayouusaf truly is a wizard and this blank especially is a stunner. I appreciate that you noticed the hardware choice - I'm not one for gold hardware so the gold accents I thought did this blank right.

As far as the seams go, my secret is tbcbushings.com and a well tuned lathe. Brian at TBC makes top of the line bushings and has truly helped me step up my game

jrista

Thank you so much, your comment brought a huge smile to my face. Jason @Bayouusaf truly is a wizard and this blank especially is a stunner. I appreciate that you noticed the hardware choice - I'm not one for gold hardware so the gold accents I thought did this blank right.

As far as the seams go, my secret is tbcbushings.com and a well tuned lathe. Brian at TBC makes top of the line bushings and has truly helped me step up my game
Glad I brought a smile to your face! I've been watching your threads for a while. Your pens are always excellent. I really need to pick up some of those hemp blanks from you guys!

I'm fully bought into TBCBushings now. I actually just ordered my last batch, and now have them for all the kits I regularly turn, and some I more rarely turn.

I think my problem now, is getting the lathe tuned up properly. There seem to be many aspects to that, sometimes even getting the bushing and the center to fit optimally so that the bushing spins without any wobble (even the slightest wobble in the bushing seems to lead me to a bit of non-concentricity or out of round). I'm not even entirely sure how to tune up the rest of the lathe...I imagine there are things I could do with the headstock and tailstock to get things turning better as well. Not sure what, though.

Top Bottom