Watch parts blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I finally reached a confidence level that let me try with more pricey parts. As lots of watch pen makers use carbon fiber, I am shying away from that to differentiate myself a little. I finally found a formula that works for me. These two, I just pulled out of the pot, I am extremely happy with them.
A8927C11-D7D3-4E56-9BEC-C33B4C68BDB0.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
They do have a texture, the photos don't pick it up, for some reason.
I may be mistaken, but it almost looks like a thread-wrap? Just a slight texture left to right? I saw this initially, but was unsure... It is subtle, but maybe I saw it.

KenB259

I may be mistaken, but it almost looks like a thread-wrap? Just a slight texture left to right? I saw this initially, but was unsure... It is subtle, but maybe I saw it.
Not a thread wrap, but the pictures kind of look that way. In person they are absolutely gorgeous. I'm not planning on turning them very soon. From what I gather most resins aren't fully cured before a week of being cast. Sometimes patience isn't my strong suit. 😂

Kenny Durrant

Wow! Very nice. The only negative thing is that they're taking away from your segmenting. I always enjoy seeing what your doing there. Not that I'm enjoying your casting I might think the same thing when I see your segmenting. Maybe I should just say " I Always Enjoy Seeing Your Work". I even enjoyed checking out your deck you posted a while back.

KenB259

Wow! Very nice. The only negative thing is that they're taking away from your segmenting. I always enjoy seeing what your doing there. Not that I'm enjoying your casting I might think the same thing when I see your segmenting. Maybe I should just say " I Always Enjoy Seeing Your Work". I even enjoyed checking out your deck you posted a while back.
Thanks Kenny, I'm thinkin about ways of combining the two...there is no end to this rabbit hole 😁

Top Bottom