Washington penturners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

I have a message in to WoodCraft to see if they have space for us in late June or early July, but we could still look for other spots, too.

-Barry

broitblat

I've heard back from WoodCraft. Even with the remodel, they are pretty booked up on weekends. They said they could accommodate us on July 10 (Saturday) in the morning.

In general, they said week nights would be better.

Do we want to try to meet weeknights or find another venue? Personally, I'd prefer weekends because we are fairly spread out.

-Barry

Last edited:

markgum

I say let's move forward with July 10th. far enough in the future to get things planned and a good place to meet. With my work schedule any time is a gamble. Right now, I'm working 4 AM to 12 noon; so an evening meeting would be tough but who knows when work hours may change again.

Woodcraft is good for me. Will we have any tools to play with or will we have to bring our own. One of our fearless leaders said we should open the meeting to any customers that come into the store. Is there anything in particular we want to do or discuss? I have a laser kit or 2 to play with.

broitblat

I'll book the room. I don't know whether we'll have access to the tools or not, but it might be interesting to look at/play with the laser kit in any case. Other topics we'd discussed include:
  • Finishing - favorite CA method or other finishes?
  • Photography
  • Laminated blanks
  • Casting, color mixing, etc.
  • Display
  • Use of the skew
  • Tools and tricks
  • Closed end designs and techniques
  • Kitless techniques
  • Fountain pens
  • Sharpening
  • Collaborative pen design ideas
-Barry

markgum

just some thoughts. with not knowing if we can use their shop, how about focusing on photography? I am really no good at it, but do have a light cube I can bring and show. Or bring our favorite or new tools for show and tell. Of course bring your latest creations and wood to trade if you want. it will be a GREAT time..

broitblat

OK, we've booked the classroom at Seattle Woodcraft for 10:00 am on July 10th. They know us as Washington Chapter of the Internation Association of Penturners.

See you there (and spread the word).

-Barry

Caden_Hrabak

i will defiantly be there im on the other side of the state currently but i am due back july 9th and Chris said he will give me a ride. I wont have much knowledge to share being probably the one with the least experience but hey it will still be fun and ive never been to woodcraft so yay :D

markgum

spread the word. it's goin' be a great shin-ding.
should we each bring some snacks. something simple, just a thought...
I will bring my photo tent and we can play and see if you all can give me some tips on taking a decent photo.
Bring some of your work to show and tell, you don't have to bring just pens.
If you want to trade some wood, bring it but we need to be respectful of Woodcraft's business. I would say leave it in your auto and let us know what you have and what you are willing to trade for.

Caden_Hrabak

Ive been trying to sell 12 pens but no luck :( ill only have a little bit of money for this but ill probably blow most of it

SkookumPens

Today's meeting

I enjoyed our meeting today. I am looking to our next meeting. I feel that it was very beneficial and a great opportunity to learn from all that were able to attend.

Craig Chatterton
Puyallup, WA

Top Bottom