Wash proof ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Is there such a thing? A friend had a check intercepted ( I mean stolen from the PO). It was washed and went from $50 something to $8100. It was washed and got deposited/cashed. Can that be prevented by a certain type of ink?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

An EnerGel LR7A, as I recall, was requested For pens I made for Nurses. The "A" suffix was for archival so records could not be altered.

Curly

The Uni-ball 207 refills are a gel ink that is check washing resistant. The ink imbeds itself in the paper so it can't be completely washed out. Look it up. The old style of Sierra Click had a refill extension. Marla used to toss the refill and the extension and replace it with the Uni-ball instead and feature them as anti check washing. You will have to experiment with lengthening the tubes of the new Sierra Clicks or some other kits to make them work or your friend could just use the Uni-ball 207 pens, at least for writing checks.

I can't remember the last time I wrote a check as everyone uses credit cards, Interact type bank cards or does direct bank transfers. Most stores won't take them anymore.

jttheclockman

OK we are going down this rabbit hole, Is there a ink pen that does not wash out? I still pay by check and always will. I am on the other side of the fence thing about theft on the computer thing so I do not pay on line. I always just picked up an ink pen usually I had gotten from an advertising company you get in the mail. Have a ton of them all over the place. I always drop my mail off at post office so not sure how a check could get altered. Guess I need to step up my game some.

greenacres2

Any ink i've gotten on any shirt NEVER washes out--so maybe DeLuxe could start printing checks on about a dozen nearly new shirts of mine!!

While i don't have blind faith in my internet connections at home or the office, they are both probably more secure than a piece of paper that changes hands multiple times in the mail system. That said, for the few things i still have to mail a check for--i've been using my bank's bill paying system for several years. They write the check and mail it at no additional cost to me, and the checks are encoded so that my account number doesn't appear on it. Handwritten personal checks include both the bank routing number and account number along with name & address--too much info on those for my liking. (wasn't that long ago we had our SSN's printed on there too--as a "convenience"!!)
earl

Darios

The Uni-ball 207 refills are a gel ink that is check washing resistant.
The Signo series? Hold on one sec....

.... turns out they can be converted to rollerball pretty easily. A little trim off the back is doable as the chamber seal is about a cm or so up from the end. That and a light sanding of the collar will do it.

SignoA.jpg
SignoB.jpg

Darios

I can't remember the last time I wrote a check as everyone uses credit cards, Interact type bank cards or does direct bank transfers. Most stores won't take them anymore.

And on that note, I went to a briefing by Frank Abagnale (yes, that one) about five years ago and he mentioned then that check washing is still one of the most common forms of fraud out there. A quick google search is indeterminate - some articles say it's down and written checks will soon go the way of the dinosaur, and others say that check fraud is actually going up.

And for indelible fountain pen ink, this article has done the research

Top Bottom