Was just given these....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ray-CA

Several years ago the Maritime Museum in San Diego undertook a project which involved building a replica of the San Salvador, the first European vessel to visit the west coast of the North American continent. I was given two pieces of Spanish Oak that were cutoffs from the lumber used in this project. Going to have to find a special project or two for these.

Attachments

• Spainish oak.jpg
    Spainish oak.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 130
Several years ago I set out on a quest to get as many turnable pieces from U.S. WWII Battleships that I could find. Started with a piece off the USS California and my last was from the Missouri. I now have 10 of the 11 existing Battleships. I'll get the last piece (the Alabama) at some point but I don't think it's going to be cheap.

So why write all this? You've got a piece of history here, maybe not the actual ship, but a replica of it. My thought would be to expand it, gather as many pieces of other ships from that time era and see what you can do with it. You might not find many but what a great display it would make. It would make a heck of a presentation for us history buffs.

Top Bottom