Wanted Wanted, Someone to make Decal Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Looking for someone to make about 8 decal blanks for me for a friend. I tried a few years ago but my printer would not reproduce the true colors nor was I able to print in white on a clear background decal.
If you can print white on a clear background decal which is to be placed on a black acrylic blank please PM me. Or if you have a workaround that I might be able to reproduce, please let me know.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

I haven't ventured into decals yet, but for labels and things on dark (or colored) materials, I typically make and print a graduated scale in the background color that I can hold against the object in order to pick a color that matches pretty good. This takes away the guessing of how the color will look on the screen vs on the printed media (which is white). Then I start with that as the background for my label, leaving the white areas void of printing, essentially letting the label material show through. After I cut them out I also run a sharpie marker around the cut edge to try to make the white edge line fade into the background as well.

I don't know, but maybe someone makes an opaque white waterslide decal paper?
Good Luck with finding a solution that meets your needs.

Regards,
Dave

tomtedesco

Try contacting member MrKugelschreibed, he has made custom blanks for me in the past. Another good blank maker is butchf18a.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions. When I tried a similar image a few years ago I couldn't get the colors saturated enough. Also he now has requested a black background instead of clear so I may now have a work around if I can get the colors saturated right and use white decal material. It's only 4 colors, black, blue, red and white.

Top Bottom