DoubleDave

Hi guys,

I am looking to purchase some:

- Cocobolo burl
- Honduras Rosewood burl
- Afzelia Xylay
- Very high figure Amboyna Burl
- Hickory Burl

I do not mind paying a premium price for premium wood at all. PayPal funds are ready to go.

Please include pictures in your offers. I have shipping adresses in the EU and the USA.
You can PM me here or email me billardaktuell@gmail.com

gr. Dave

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi guys,

- Cocobolo burl
- Honduras Rosewood burl
- Afzelia Xylay
- Hickory Burl

I do not mind paying a premium price for premium wood at all. PayPal funds are ready to go.

Please include pictures in your offers. I have shipping adresses in the EU and the USA.

gr. Dave

G'day Dave,

I can't help you with the other wood species but, I'm waiting for the delivery of a chunk of exhibition grade Amboyna Burl. I was promised a chunk of this stuff together with some identical to what I have been offering here, which is more the golden colours then the dark reds so, will see what I get.

I will let you know when I receive it and have it processed, that way I know what I've got. How many blanks are you after...???

Cheers
George

Cmiles1985

Dave, you may want to check out Bad Dogs Burl. I don't know if he will ship overseas, but does have some nice burls available.

DoubleDave

Dave, you may want to check out Bad Dogs Burl. I don't know if he will ship overseas, but does have some nice burls available.

I have been in contact with Rob from bad dogs in late 2013 regarding some Afzelia Xylay but the emails
simply stopped after 31-10-2013 even though I sent him 4 reminders in the following months...

gr. Dave

DoubleDave

Hi guys,

- Cocobolo burl
- Honduras Rosewood burl
- Afzelia Xylay
- Hickory Burl

gr. Dave

G'day Dave,

I can't help you with the other wood species but, I'm waiting for the delivery of a chunk of exhibition grade Amboyna Burl. I was promised a chunk of this stuff together with some identical to what I have been offering here, which is more the golden colours then the dark reds so, will see what I get.

I will let you know when I receive it and have it processed, that way I know what I've got. How many blanks are you after...???

Cheers
George

Hi George,

If the quality is high enough there is no real limit on what I will take. I mean,
one can't really have too much high grade burls:wink:

I would prefer 1.5" squares or blocks as long as possible, which is perfect for cues
and can still be made into pens and most other items (knife handles and such).

gr. Dave

Last edited:

DoubleDave

I have gotten 1 very interesting offer for some HRB and Blackwood burl, I hope I can work something out on that.

But, no Cocobolo burl yet and since it is my birthday and all I thought surely someone somewhere will have some for me.

gr. Dave

rockb

Hey Dave, got any interest in buckeye or redwood burl? For cues I'm guessing it should be stabilized.

DoubleDave

Hi,

I don't like Buckeye Burl.
There are pieces of Redwood Burl that I like very much, generally
those are the somewhat lighter coloured high figure ones with lots of eyes,
I just checked your site and the R20 block is the best looking piece to me.

Most pieces however look rather bland to me. Feel free to hit me up with what you have
that is not yet listed on your website. For most burls coring them with a stable wood is
enough, stabilizing is almost never really necessary and takes away from the beauty of
the wood imo.

gr. Dave

Last edited:

DoubleDave

Just bumping this one up again.

I have found some very nice Amboyna that is currently on it's way to me
and am really happy with the deal I made on that (I hope the seller is too).

In my search for Cocobolo burl I had forgotten a little just how great Amboyna
looks aswell, so definitely open to more offers on Amboyna aswell.

Still though, some Coco burl is what I would hope to find more then anything else.

gr. Dave

Top Bottom