Wanted Clovetree wood or Indonesian woods/pen blanks...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Peoples,

I have received an unusual request from one of my timber buying guys, this one is in the Netherlands and is of Indonesian background so, he's asking me if I can get him some pen blanks in Clovewood tree or any other Indonesian woods...???

I've got a lot of weird stuff growing around this neck of the woods, half brought in from some of the first Settlers into Australia in the 1850's but none that I know of is an Indonesian native so, I promised him to ask in a place where, someone would come up with something so, does anyone has any that is willing to sell or swap with any of my woods/blanks...???

Let me know...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

George

You should be able to find what you need in your local mangrove swamp , but it wont be clovewood

Wayne

Well, I don't have any local mangrove swamp and I doubt that it would produce any of the Indonesian native tree species that, it seems to be difficult to find their names on a Google search, well I didn't have much luck anyway...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Well, I didn't find Indonesian native timber/tree names on my first and quick search but I knew that that wasn't right so today I searched a little different and off-course I got more names that I can poke a stick at.

While is very possible that some of these woods are not native, is also a good chance that I have the same name tree/wood species under different names, either by being in Indonesian or other language that I don't recognise, either way, here are a "few" timber species that are sold to the world from Indonesia;

-White Oak
-Merbau
-Bengkirai
-Durian
-Kempas
-Meranti (white, red, yellow)
-Coconut tree
-Teak
-Macassar/Ebony
-Mahoni
-Kruing
-Black Walnut
-Keruing
-Mahagony
-Sengon
-Palapi/Mangkulang
-Matoa
-Acacia Mangium
-Lauan (red & white)
-Albizia Falcata
-Nyatoh
-Kumea
-Cherry timber
-Rosewood
-Ulin
-Rubber wood
-Mangrove Pilling
-Cadamba
-Balsa wood
-Kapur
-Jelutong
-Rasamala

Does any sounds familiar, apart from the obvious ones...???

Let me know...!

PS: I just found out that I have a small quantity of true Indonesian Red Meranti, nice...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Katya

Here in Canada, William Wood-Write (penblanks.ca) sells premium wood blanks. Under "exotic woods", they have pictures of Indonesian rosewood for sale. You can see the wood you purchase. Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Catherine

robutacion

Here in Canada, William Wood-Write (penblanks.ca) sells premium wood blanks. Under "exotic woods", they have pictures of Indonesian rosewood for sale. You can see the wood you purchase. Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Catherine

Thanks Catherine...!

However, I wouldn't buy from "those people" even if they give them for free...! not after the way I was treated on their forum site some time ago, something I will never forget, nah... no sir...!
Lets just say that, since then, I hate is guts and much as he does mine...!

So, anything he may have for sale, is of absolutely no interest to me, at all...!

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know that you saw some Indonesian pen blanks in there but, as I explained, a no go for me, sorry...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom