Wanna trade?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Recently, I was asked to make a trade with a young, newer member. So, here are his new pens!!

The blue one was meant to show what can be done with a simple chrome slimline kit (under $2)

The second is more to the spirit of the pen exchange. I still like JohnU's blanks and I enjoy making diplomat kits.

These pens will come with the video of turning the diplomat--starting with a roughing gouge, moving to a round nose scraper and ending with my trusty skew. Hopefully, it will help him determine how HE can best turn resins and acrylics.

Comments welcome, pens departing later today. (If the young man in question sees this, PM me your address, please!!)

Attachments

• Comfort blue madre.jpg
    Comfort blue madre.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Diplomat feathertrade.jpg
    Diplomat feathertrade.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 348
  • diplomat feathertrade2.jpg
    diplomat feathertrade2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for asking Mike@!!!!

Madreperlato from one of my favorite sources!!!!

This is Royal Blue.
In about two weeks, we will also be offering a Black pearl acrylic---I think that will be spectacular and subtle--great "man's pen"!

Rick_G

I like the blue one Ed. Not so sure about the other one, I'll PM you my address so you can send it and I can get a better look.
So many seem to be down on slims it's nice to show a new young turner that nice pens can be made from them at a cost they can likely afford.

jttheclockman

Thanks for asking Mike@!!!!

Madreperlato from one of my favorite sources!!!!

This is Royal Blue.
In about two weeks, we will also be offering a Black pearl acrylic---I think that will be spectacular and subtle--great "man's pen"!

Ed

When I spoke with you I mentioned I was looking for a black pearl acrylic so please PM when they come in. Thanks

I need a yang to go with the ying:biggrin:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/JTTHECLOCKMAN/whiteJrStatesman.jpg

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
He also has said he would like to do shows.

The Blue pen should be an easy $25. Cost of materials is about $7 for that one, but could easily be made of China blank at $4 total cost. Not a bad way to break into the "show circuit". $25 sales are easier than $75 sales for most people.

louisbry

Very nicely turned pens Ed and it is wonderful of you to swap pens with a new member and also go to all the effort of making a video tutorial. I am sure he or she will be thrilled.

PenPal

Congrats Ed how to stimulate goodwill to all, the general tone is uplifting and generous confirms my personal opinion of the way you are to all of us. Our daughter returns to Utah at the end of the month with your Birthday gift from me who knows Xmas in July might catch on.

All the best to you both, I look forward to your contributions to this forum.

Kind regards Peter.

its_virgil

Nice pens Ed and a nice jesture to our young pen maker. I was getting ready to PM you my address then I read the "young man" part again and moved on.:biggrin::biggrin:
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom