Wanna plaque?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In order to "price out" the plaque potential, will the "chairmen" please indicate if they would like a "first place" plaque? You may indicate you would like more than one, if you like (second place, etc). When we get a count, we can see what works, so consider this your "wish list":

1. Trivia Contest – Volunteer(s) needed. (I'll try to draft Chris and James – see below)
  2. Modified Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000)
  3. Beginner Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000)
  4. Beautiful Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000)
  5. Freestyle Pen Contest – Landon (Hunter-27) – I think, Landon?
  6. Ugly Pen Contest – Scott
  7. Featured Pen Contest – Mike (mbroberg)
  8. Best Article – Tom (TomW)​
  9. Crossword Challenge – Landon (Hunter27)​
  10. Photo Contest – Curtis (MesquiteMan)​
Please do this ASAP, I'd like to get going on a budget, particularly if it will want it's own "fundraisers" (Jeff, this is NOT a hint---we can do this, it shouldn't have to come out of IAP funds!!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I'm not a contest chairman, but I think that the fun contests (like Trivia, crossword) don't need a plaque, while the significant effort contests (beautiful pen, etc.) might benefit from one. The ugly pen contest should involve a lazer etching into a cow paddy. :)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Yes for the Freestyle, no for the crossword. If the budget is there, smaller mini-plaques or a framed award certificate for 2nd, 3rd, whatever or the "bigger" contests would be cool.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Since I can't edit the original post, we will keep a running tally:
So far: Freestyle-yes
Crossword-no
Trivia-no

In the "Featured Pen", do you want to have one for each quarter and the "grand prize"--this is what was done last year---but feel free to do different, if you wish.

Scott

Hi Ed!

I'm not sure Ugly Pens deserves something nice like a plaque! It would serve them all right if we just made them all exchange their Ugly Pens, and that would be their prize! ;-) Or maybe, what if we made a really ugly plaque?

I'm still thinking.

Scott.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hi Ed!

I'm not sure Ugly Pens deserves something nice like a plaque! It would serve them all right if we just made them all exchange their Ugly Pens, and that would be their prize! ;-) Or maybe, what if we made a really ugly plaque?

I'm still thinking.

Scott.
We have a buffalo chip(turd) toss here in the summer. Winner gets a "chip" painted gold and glued to a chunk of plywood. Honestly, the winner is VERY proud of it and people travel a long ways to play during the county celebration. Ya, that's right, not much else to do in Nebraska. :eek::biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tentative plan: 8 as follows,
Modified Pen, Beginner Pen, Beautiful Pen and Freestyle pen, one each, total 4
Featured pen, one for each quarterly winner, total 4

GRAND total 8

A plan is being developed to purchase these plaques, more info will follow very shortly

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Got a PM from Curtis today, add another plaque for the Photo contest grand winner.

(Sorry Curtis, I can sneak in one, but not four at this point)

So, we are up to nine.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Would not a framed certificate or something be nice for the other contests? Should not cost but a couple bucks if someone donates the printing of the certs.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey, when it comes to "certificates suitable for framing", I won everything the Jaycees had to offer...

Which one you want me to copy????????????

I'm good with that!!!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I don't want to make anymore decisions today, my brain hurts. I just thought that might be a "lesser expensive" alternative for the other contests, like maybe $5 at most counting getting it mailed.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Of course the devil in me really wants to say the "brain pain" can only be a small pain for you" (But I won't!!!):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry, had to do it, LandOn

Landon
Landon
Landon
Landon
(practicing so I will get it right)

Did I ever tell you my first experience with Cav (maybe a reference that's too old) was when he corrected my spelling of Emporer, instead of Emperor?? We became VERY GOOD friends. So spelling errors CAN be an "opportunity".:eek::eek:

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Of course the devil in me really wants to say the "brain pain" can only be a small pain for you" (But I won't!!!):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry, had to do it, LandOn

Landon
Landon
Landon
Landon
(practicing so I will get it right)

Did I ever tell you my first experience with Cav (maybe a reference that's too old) was when he corrected my spelling of Emporer, instead of Emperor?? We became VERY GOOD friends. So spelling errors CAN be an "opportunity".:eek::eek:
:wink:

Top Bottom