Wally world light tent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaw

For $49.00 I'll give it try. Comes with 16x16 compact light tent that folds up into a carrying case. Has to lamps - only 20 watts not very bright and a compact tripod.

Picture with only the two supplied lamps.

200761415634_pen2a_sm.jpg

Picture with two lamps plus flash

200761415716_pen2_sm.jpg

Opinion: Not bad for the money. The thing I like the most is it's compact design. folds up into a small carrying case stores anywhere.
Not happy with just the lamps. Need to get brighter bulbs but with the flash, did not get any wash-out either.

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Photos look good, better than mine but I wonder how much of the clarity is from the camera itself.

Could you shoot a photo just using the camera and flash so we can see the difference the tent makes?

Thanks,
George

ashaw

George
I'll will do that tomorrow. All I have right now are pictures with-out flash and without light tent. The camera is a Fuji about 5 years old. Takes good pictures not alot of bells or whistle on it.

Texatdurango

Thanks. I have been thinking of getting one of these tents but just have an old Kodak 4 megapixle camera, and probably like yours, no bells or whistles. When it comes to flash, it's either on or off![:)]

DKF

I purchased the same exact tent and am very happy with it. I did replace the bulbs with 50w bulbs and it makes a big difference. I have not tried shooting any with the flash on though....All in all, I am satisfied as well...

GoodTurns

you can get the exact same kit at Ritz Camera for $89!!!![V][V][V]

yes, I did...[:(!]

decent kit, worth a lot closer to $50 than $89....[xx(]

Texatdurango

Well, this morning our local Walmart had three of these tents, now they have two!

Taking a suggestion from above, I purchased two extra 50W bulbs and switched out with the original 20w bulbs.

It's going to take some time figuring out where best to place the lights but so far I am really pleased with the difference, here is a pen I turned last night, it is much clearer and brighter than my previous photos.

Alan, thanks, I'm glad you started this thread!

2007615205453_light-test.jpg
<br />

rhahnfl

Me too... our Wal Mart is one lower in stock now also. They had five now have four. [:D] I think I'll get some larger bulbs also. Pretty nice for the money. Thanks for sharing!!

Fred

This looks to me to be a good investment for those of you interested in taking photographs without too many problems.

A couple of important suggestions I might offer ... be sure the placement of the lighting used is (1) not too close to the fabric sides. This will help prevent possible 'hot spots', and (2) make sure the lights are NOT aimed into the camera lens at all. A diffusion disc of frosted plastic (professional camera store as a source) in front of the lights (be careful of heat melting them) will help out here. Another method is to use white cardboard as a tent for the sides of the camera lens that is facing the lights. I use them simply propped up against the lens and the light diffusing material - watch for possible shadows. (3) Try using a polarizing filter and test for enhancements in color and fine detail. These filters DO NOT work well with fluorescent lighting but should help when using these halogen lamps. Be sure to let the halogen lamps get up to temperature before making the photograph. [:D]

PaulD

Originally posted by ashaw
<br />For $49.00 I'll give it try. Comes with 16x16 compact light tent that folds up into a carrying case. Has to lamps - only 20 watts not very bright and a compact tripod.
Alan

Alan, the rap on this particular model is the camera stand. If you have more of a professional model digital camera, this stand tends to tip very easily. It works fine with the compact cameras, but most people end of using their regular camera tripods instead of that little thing with the bigger cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom