Walking canes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reddwil

reddwil

Besides my turning addiction, I love making walking canes. The first picture are from a couple bucks I killed in Nebraska several years ago. The second is what happens when your wife won't let you mess up the shop before Easter and you get extremely bored. Its Totally Custom....Hurst T Shifter, Brass quick connect, just in case you want to change handles.

Attachments

• IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,408
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Jim that shifter handle was on a 67 chevelle SS my dad had. He had to sell it in the early 90's, but kept the t handle. He put it on the shifter on his Craftsman mower. After he passed last year I took it off. I had wanted to do something with it to remember him by. Since he was a hot rodder from back in the day, and basically lived in his garage and used a cane for the past ten years. This is what I came up with, using the t handle and parts from his shop. My mom actually cried when I showed it to her.

Chuck Key

I did some repairs on this one a couple weeks ago. The cane had over an ounce of solid gold trim on it.

Chuckie

Attachments

• cane1.jpg
    cane1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 231
  • cane2.jpg
    cane2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 320
  • cane3.jpg
    cane3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 312
  • cane4.jpg
    cane4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 171

Lee K

Jim that shifter handle was on a 67 chevelle SS my dad had. He had to sell it in the early 90's, but kept the t handle. He put it on the shifter on his Craftsman mower. After he passed last year I took it off. I had wanted to do something with it to remember him by. Since he was a hot rodder from back in the day, and basically lived in his garage and used a cane for the past ten years. This is what I came up with, using the t handle and parts from his shop. My mom actually cried when I showed it to her.
that story's as good as the canes :biggrin:

I like the quick disconnect idea too, is there no limit to what we can turn??? (or use)

Top Bottom